five💥🥊

Jungeun had always felt awkward checking out at stores with someone behind her. The feeling was amplified times a hundred when Jinsol was behind her. She doesn't know why, but she feels embarrassed about her groceries, even if there's nothing remotely embarrassing. She literally bought Yaebin's stupid shampoo, some snacks for her and Jiwoo, some ramen, and pens because Jiwoo likes writing physically instead of typing. There's nothing to be ashamed of, obviously. But she always felt judged by the things she bought. What did the people behind her think of her for buying those types of things?

Shut up, Jungeun, it's not that big of a deal.

Which is correct. But what if it actually is?

"Sushi's kind of expensive, isn't it?"

Oh god, Jinsol is judging her.

"Yeah, kind of," Jungeun said as the cashier rung it up. "But my roommate and I love eating it, so I always get some."

"Oh, your cousin isn't your roommate?" Jinsol joked.

"Oh god, no. I would probably strangle her in her sleep."

Jinsol chuckled, because apparently murdering her cousin was funny. That sounded really bad, even in Jungeun's own head.

After Jungeun practically threw the money at the cashier so she could get out the way, she waited patiently for Jinsol to be rung up. She made a point not to look at what Jinsol bought, even though it was only food. But what if Jinsol didn't want people to know what kind of food she was buying?

Because she wouldn't have bought it in a public grocery store. God, Jungeun, chill.

It didn't take long, and before Jungeun knew it, the two were walking along the sidewalk with their groceries in hand. Correction: Jungeun had her groceries in her hands. Jinsol had put hers in a backpack that Jungeun hadn't noticed she was wearing the whole time, and was holding onto the straps of the bag instead.

"Where are your dorms?" Jinsol asked nonchalantly.

Jungeun gave her a confused look. Why did Jinsol want to know where her dorm was? Was that really her plan? To go hang out at Jungeun's? Jungeun didn't even have time to clean! And what if Jiwoo came back early? No, wrong thing to worry about. Why did Jinsol want to go to her dorm? Has their relation—friendship accelerated that much to deem it appropriate to visit each other's living spaces?

"Nearby," Jungeun totally answered the question. "Why?"

Jinsol let out a giggle and nodded to Jungeun's bags. "I'm not sure sushi's gonna make it if we spend too much time out."

Sushi. Spoiling. Right. Duh. How could Jungeun forget?

Then again, Jungeun's brain doesn't work quite right around Jinsol.

So they headed off to Jungeun's dorm, Jinsol making light conversation about Jungeun's school life. Jungeun didn't go into much detail, but talked enough for Jinsol to get a general idea. She couldn't let Jinsol know that she was a total loser who didn't do much aside from journalism because she was afraid of...things. Sure, she'd do things with Yaebin and Jiwoo whenever they asked, but going out and meeting other people? Not a chance.

Yet, there she was with Jinsol.

But in her defense, it was accidental, and Jinsol may lowkey be a stalker.

Which she absolutely had no evidence to prove, but she still might be.

When they got to her dorm room, Jungeun quickly contemplated whether she should invite Jinsol in or leave her standing outside like an absolute dunce. However, she found herself ushering Jinsol in as soon as she stuck the keycard in the slot. Which was the right decision, good job, Jungeun!