Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates

Start from the beginning

“You can keep her,” the man never even thought about declining (Y/n) in the first place. He’s always had a soft spot for felines of any kind especially ever since his friend passed on what feels like forever ago. “Now can you please leave and get ready for the day? Class will start later than usual since we’re going to the Gauntlet so make sure to get into your hero suit.”

“How fun… Well, guess I’ll leave!” (Y/n) long knew about the weekly visits to the Gauntlet, she just didn’t want to go back all so soon. It hasn’t even been an entire week since coming back from the hospital but here they were about to tackle the beast once again. (Y/n) still has staples in her head! Apparently nobody can catch a break around here.

Mr. Aizawa snapped his fingers, it drew (Y/n)’s attention so that she didn’t leave all so soon. “Can you ask your brother if he can come along with the class?”

“Is he part of the class now!?” (Y/n) nearly choked. Talk about quick!!!

“No…” Aizawa shook his head. “Since he’s my apprentice now, I need to see how experienced he is. Going to the Gauntlet with the class would be great practice for him and it’d be a chance for Hitoshi and himself to work together.”

“Because they’re practically sidekicks!” (Y/n) exclaimed.

“Precisely,” the man stood up. “Can I trust you to do that?”

“Um, yeah! I’ll give you his number too,” She squirmed around to try and fetch the phone from out of her pocket. Then realization hit her over the head like a rock, “Actually… Shun spent the night here. Midoriya and him zonked out on the couch yesterday. I’m sure they’re still sleeping.”

“Then we can get to the Gauntlet earlier than planned,”  the man hummed. “Well… Get going!”

“Yes sir!” (Y/n) quickly texted Mr. Aizawa Shun’s number and scampered out from her teacher’s room in a flurry. Her peers were getting ready for the day ahead, some were leaving their dorms as she was passing by. The only thing she had on the mind was waking up Shoto and her brother. (Y/n) knocked on Shoto’s door rapidly to give him his daily wake up call. To the Lounge she went! To her luck, Midoriya and Shun were still deep asleep on the couch and oh my god they were more adorable than ever! Midoriya was sprawled out upon Shun’s semi-bionic lap, content with a smile upon his freckled face. A total asshole sleeping next to a complete angel. Opposites attract, that much was clear as day.

“Okay Africa… Let’s give my jackass brother a wake up call,” (Y/n) quietly and carefully lied the feline upon the chest of her brother. It was odd how mellow Africa was. She was fine with just about anything that happened to it. Which is a good thing I guess? It’s nice to know that the cat won’t dare to scratch or bite anyone. Except, after a good couple of seconds, Africa began growling and flaring her teeth. Shun was stirring awake thanks to things such as his crimson eyes fluttered open to a tense feline arching its back and hissing into his face.

Despite all this, Shun remained calm. “I’m gonna say this right now…” Shun discreetly smacked Midoriya awake as a silent call to help. “Who’s fucking cat is this? Somebody better come forward before I throw it-” Africa struck Shun across the cheek! He threw the cat off him! His bionic hand cupped the injury, a hiss of pain fled his lips. Midoriya jolted awake in a tumble to the floor beneath... Atop Africa.

Now there was a brawl between two boys and one singular cat. Oddly enough, Africa was no doubtedly going to come out of it as the victor. “Way to make a first impression!” (Y/n) whined and took Africa off their hands. Immediately, Africa mellowed out going limp within her hold. Weird… She was acting just fine with Mr. Aizawa and Shoto. What made them any different?