twenty four

We pulled away from the kiss and I looked at Nic. 

"I've wanted to do that for a really long time" he whispered.

"Then why didn't you do it sooner?" I laughed

"Because first I thought you were with chandler and then the whole Wyatt thing and after that I thought you were getting it on with Owen" 

I felt really guilty. He wasn't wrong but at the same time he wasn't right either. I did really like Chandler when we first got here but then I got busy with Nic and kinda forgot he was there, I didn't even notice that he had checked out of the hotel. Wyatt was never going to happen. He might've had a little crush on me but he's too young and that's the type of crush you get over really quickly. Then came Owen. He was the difficult one because he's such a great guy. He cares about everyone so much and I can tell that he's really mature. But theres just something about Nic that makes me instantly happy whenever I see his face. We're so alike and we have so much in common. 

"I'm sorry for that, there was never anyone better than you though" I said looking into his eyes.

"I'm so glad" he said kissing me slowly again. I've never felt this happy.

-----------------------------

Me and Nic had somehow gotten to the beach and the sun was beginning to set. I guess we had given up on the challenge, it was obvious we had come last. We were sitting on the sand talking for what felt like hours.

"What time is it?" Nicholas asked me. I suddenly panicked. I hadn't checked my phone for hours, I didn't know the time, and I have no idea where we are. 

I took my phone out of my pocket and shit myself. 

"I've done it again Nic" I panic shouted while getting up and running towards the path. Nic got up behind me and ran to catch up.

"Done what?" 

"Everyone's looking for us" I replied, still not slowing down. I walked for a minute then realised that I had no idea where I was. Giving up, I sat on a bench and looked at my phone again.

62 Missed Calls

46 Text Messages

I called my Mom back and anxiously waited for her to answer. 

"Y/n?????"

"Hi mom, I'm sorry me and Nic got lost and then he was really burnt so we had to stop for suncream and then we couldn't find our way to the place and to be honest I think the whole challenge was stupid and then I-"

"y/n calm down" Barbara said raising her voice slightly. "we're not mad at you, just tell us where you are"

"We're at some beach" 

"Okay, we're coming to get you just stay put" she said hanging up the phone. I let out a sigh of relief and rested my head on Nic's shoulder while we waited for my mum.