Nineteen

"Y/n?" Nic said calmly

I looked up from my food with my eyebrows raised in reply. He just smiled softly.

"You know on our first day, when you were sat in the corner of the room"

I nodded calmly.

"I instantly thought you were the most beautiful girl in the world" he whispered while gently putting his hand on mine.

Happiness flooded my mind and my facial expression showed this. "I thought you didn't like me that day".

"You were listening to Queen weren't you" he asked

"Yeah, I'm always listening to Queen" I laughed at my addiction to the rock band.

"Owen had dibs, and I didn't like it. That's why I was so cold to you I'm sorry"

"What do you mean Owen had dibs?"

"We heard your music and he's a big queen fan as well so he liked you. I'm sure he doesn't now though right?" Nic looked me in the eye. I felt guilty because of the kiss. It wasn't a bad kiss but I just wish it had of been from Nicholas. I feel  like I should tell him but he's okay now, I don't want to start anything up again because it was hard enough getting him out of it the first time. Anyway Owens cute. And he likes Queen.

"Oh right, no probably not. I don't see him like that anyway"

"Good" Nicholas smiled at me. He looked so happy. But I know if he knew then his happiness would be short lived.
———————————
I woke up and checked my phone. 3:00am. There's no way I was getting back to sleep. I decided to get up and go for a walk.

I put on my leggings, vans jumper and doc martens then quietly left my hotel room. I walked down the corridor to the lift and pressed the button. It took ages. It when it finally came there was a tall figure standing inside with dark hair.

"Y/n?" He said with a deep masculine voice.

It was Owen.

"Oh hi" I smiled, stepping into the lift and pressing the button for ground floor.

"What are you doing here at this time?" He asked looking concerned. He was dressed nicely with black distressed jeans, black converse and a burgundy knitted jumper.

"I couldn't sleep.... decided to go for a walk"

He nodded and rubbed his eyes. He looked sleep deprived. Owens face was very pale with dark circles under his eyes. His hair flopped messily over his face as he continuously pushed it back behind his ears.

"What about you Owen?"

He looked confused at first but soon realised what I was questioning.

"Oh same yeah"

I could tell that something was up with him but I didn't want to push. I just stood there and picked at my chipped black nail polish.

The lift doors opened and Owen waited for me to step out first. He walked out behind me.

"Want to walk together?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled. Hopefully I can cheer him up.