Sixteen

I knocked on the door to Nic's hotel room. He answered it looking disheveled and upset. He didn't look me in the eyes and the door was only held open a little bit.

"Nicholas?" I said with a low voice. It was then he looked up at me with sad eyes and began to talk.

"Y/n can I tell you everything?"

"Of course Nic, I'm your friend"

"Is that it though?" He said under his breath so I could barely hear him, as I entered his room. Owen had left us to be alone and was probably already at his own room. Nic just continued to look at me with sad eyes.

"Nic I don't know what you're talking about" I said sitting next to him.

"It doesn't matter y/n"

I stayed silent for a couple of minutes, I wanted to let Nic start.

"I'm sorry y/n...... I'm so sorry"

"Don't be sorry Nicholas" I said hugging him. He cried into my shoulder and we just stayed like that for a while. I really think he needed it. We pulled apart and he lay back on his bed. I think he just needed time and I was willing to give him it.

I got up and turned on the tv, Star Trek beyond was playing so I left it and made my way back to the bed. I leaned back next to Nic and watched the movie. His sniffles were distracting but that was okay.

"You okay?" I asked after about 20 minutes of silence. Nic sat up and turned to face me.

"Have you ever felt like everything is going your way and your life is just amazing, then all of a sudden everything comes crashing down and you feel trapped?"

"When my dad left I guess everything went to shit......but now I'm happy that it happened. Me and my mum may not be close but she's always been like a best friend, I guess it brought us closer" Nic just stared at me. He had a look of guilt in his eyes.

"Something good will come out of your situation Nic, even if it takes a while. You'll be happy again"

"How do you know that?" He asked.

"You just have to wait and see I guess. In some time you'll find something or someone who will make you happier than you were before"

I said that looking down at my hands fiddling in my lap but when I looked up Nic's face had changed. Suddenly I felt two hands on the side of my face and he brought his lips to mine. It lasted a while, then we finally pulled away.

"Y/n I think I've found them"

————————————————
Sorry this took so long! I'm not very good with timing. Thank you for all the comments you leave on my chapters😊