9

[In the last chapter the scene was my favorite scene from American horror story so I had to add it in there.]

Maddy's POV

"Can you tell me what happened with your mom?" He asks.

"We'll you see. When I was 9 she would go out late. With her boyfriend. Joe. They would go to clubs. I was home alone. They'd get drunk. I would still be awake when they got home. My mom would yell at me. She was never sober when I was around. So I'd just stay after school. Go to extra help. That's why my grades were so good. On my 10th birthday my mom brought me to chuckle cheese. She left me there. I called joe. He picked me up. Then when I got home my mother started yelling at me. Calling me stupid. She hit me. That's when I first discovered self harm. After that I would stay after school with Kol. He would feed me. Basically do everything for me. I basically lived at his house. One night when I was 13 or so my mom and Joe came home home from the bar. They were obviously drunk. They were fighting. Joe was angry. He hit my mom. Then he found some pills he took them and died. My mom became poor. Then one day I came home from school and saw my mom dead on the floor. She had a huge cut on her arm. There was a puddle of blood on the floor. Then I moved in with Kol." I say.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." Dad says still holding my wrists.

"It's okay." I say. By now he was crying his eyes out. He put his head on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He says between sobs.

"I'm here now. That's all that matters." I say. "You should go to sleep."

"Okay."he says sniffling. I grab his hand and take him to his room. I tuck him in.

"Goodnight dad. I love you so much." I say. Kissing him and hugging him.

"Goodnight." He replies.

I go to my room. I stand by my mirror. I lift up my shirt. I see all the bruises from when my mom used to hit me. I hated her come to think of it. I lay in my bed. I watch tv. I need to cut. All the memories are flowing back. I go into the bathroom. I don't shut the door all the way. No one is up here. I pull out the blade. I press it in my skin then drag it. I watch the blood drip out. I make one more.

"What are you doing?" I hear Jaime.

"I-I." I try to choke out why.

"Clean that up now." Jaime scolds.

"Okay. I'm sorry." I say cleaning up the cuts. We go into my room.

"Why'd you do that?" Jaime asks.

"I don't know. What's wrong with me?" I say starting to cry.

"Nothing is wrong with you." He says.

"Yes there is." I say.

"Don't say that. You just need rest." He says. I lay in bed. He kisses me goodnight.

"Goodnight." I say as he leaves my room.

I cry myself to sleep. Thinking what I just did. Why did I do it. I finally fall asleep.

I wake up. I really don't wanna go to school. I go into dads room. He's awake just watching tv.

"Dad do I have to go to school today?" I ask.

"Yes. I know. That. You tried commit last night. But that's no excuse to hide from your problem." He says. I knew he'd say something like that.

"Okay." I say going back into my room.

I get ready for school. Yesterday at school I became friends with hunter. I texted him asking for a ride. He said no. He said that his girlfriend doesn't want him talking to other girls. He can't do this to me. Whatever. I really didn't like him. He's probably having girlfriend problems. Dad comes into my room. He waved then leaves. I finish getting ready. I go downstairs. Everyone's awake. I smile. I don't know why I'm so happy today.