Chapter Twenty [Blame Game]

Start from the beginning

I got home an hour later after stopping by Cal's place but he wasn't there. Alijah was sitting on the couch with a box of tissues and the baby monitor as I came in and locked the door behind me.

She stood up and walked over wrapping her arms tightly around my neck letting her tears pour out and I tried to calm her down.

"Jesse just be honest with me, what did you guys do. Maybe I can help" she said wiping her eyes as she looked up at me.

"Just relax alright? I'm trying to handle it" I warned her and she shook her head no pulling away from me as she wiped her eyes.

"You keep telling me to relax and that you'll handle it but things are only getting worse. Talia is dead and now Jasmine has to burry her four year old daughter in pieces Jesse, they cut that little girl up like she was some type of puzzle" Alijah cried.

Before I could respond to her I heard Ajani's cries and walked down the hallway to her nursery flicking on the light.

She was kicking her legs and her face was red as her cries grew louder. I lifted her up and laid her on the changing table to change her diaper.

"Are you sure this is a safe enough place for us?" Alijah questioned standing in the door way as she rubbed her eyes.

"I wouldn't leave you alone if I didn't think it was safe, where is Moriah?" I questioned taking off Ajani's diaper and wiping her.

"In the room playing video games, I haven't told him yet" Alijah sniffled as I finished putting the new diaper on the baby and snapped her onesie back how it was.

Cradling her in my arms I walked passed Alijah and opened the door to the guest room and Moriah was playing mind craft.

"Come her for a second Moriah" I said and he paused the game and followed behind me into the living room.

He looked at Alijah as she tried to wiped her face and raised an eyebrow sitting on the couch next to her.

"You gotta stay with us for a little while, your parents are trying to relocate to a safer place and when they find a place you can go back with them" I said and He looked confused.

"What about Elias? Why are they looking for a new place?" He questioned staring at me. I knew if I lied he'd know.

"Talia is dead, they decapitated her and sent it to Zaire's place" I said and his face grew pale as he looked down at his hands to keep from crying I assumed.

"You didn't answer my first question" he said quietly and Alijah rubbed his back as I looked down at Ajani.

"He staying back with Zaire and Marco, that cool with you?" I questioned and he shook his head no.

"None of you know who the traitor is I want my brother here so I know he's okay" Moriah said angrily and I nodded.

"Alright but tell him what I told you" I reminded as he pulled out his phone and walked out of the living room angrily.

I laid back on the love seat with Ajani on my chest and listened to the noises she was making as she sucked on the pacifier in her mouth.

I didn't think it was possible to cherish my daughter more than I already did before but now I felt even more protective.

"Alijah I got a plan, but I need your help" I said and she looked at me while wiping her nose with a tissue.

"You in?" I questioned and she nodded as I made her come lay down with me in the baby. Those bombs we purchased were about to come in handy.

C A L V I N

"You did this!" My mother screamed as she continued to beat on my chest and sob her eyes out screaming bloody murder.