Chapter Twelve [Chicken Pox]

A L I J A H

"You keep taking over mom, I know your happy for this baby but let me decorate my daughters room how I want" I whined poking out my bottom lip. My mother and brothers had been here all morning helps me set up the nursery and she just kept trying to take over the situation.

I was seated on the floor with Moriah sorting out the clothes and couldn't help but laugh when I saw how small the onesies were.

"Fine Alijah, I'll just bake something" she mumbled walking out and Elias, Moriah and I shared a look before sighing.

"You know she's probably gonna go cry and give us the silent treatment right?" Elias asked and we nodded.

"Sometimes you have to just let her go through her moods, she can't help being so emotionally maybe daddy will talk some sense in to her" I tell them and they nodded.

I'd tried not to go all out shopping because of the baby shower I was having but it was so hard not too especially when you just see a bunch of baby items. I told myself I was only going to get a few things and ended up spending a couple thousand in Babies R Us.

Jesse walked in complaining about his head hurting and how he felt hot. I assumed it was because he was trying to get out of building the crib, he'd been trying all mourning.

"When is the baby shower?" Moriah asked quietly placing one hand on my stomach feeling her kick and smiled.

"I want to do it sometime next month, it's a lot of hassle because Jesse's family is coming down and you know how he doesn't like people" I mumbled and Jesse looked at me with a glare.

Zaire walked into the nursery carrying pizza I'd sent him to go get and sat it on the floor making everyone stop what they were doing to come eat.

"What would you do if she came out like Jesse though? Always being mean and acting depressed?" Elias questioned and I covered my mouth to muffle my laughs.

"See why everybody gotta act like I'm just a fucking Scrooge, I had a happy childhood I shouldn't have to smile to show my emotions, damn" he mumbled laying back on the carpet and I looked at him for a moment.

"I don't know, I'll love her either way even if she acts like her daddy" I smiled rubbing my stomach, I was tired of pregnancy and my anxiety was get the best of me.

I know I said I wanted more than one kid but if I have another one I'm waiting a couple of years, I don't see how woman just have kids back to back. I can't do anything with this huge belly in the way.

"Are you really done with the game? We need you and this organization is falling apart, nobody trusts anybody anymore and I feel like if you and Cal were on the same page we could fix it. I think Marco, Darius, Ember and I would come back if you were there" Zaire said giving me a half smile.

"I don't know if it's worth saving anymore, after that last war we had when we were younger we all got lucky that nobody had to get buried but sooner or later if we all continue to knock on the Devils door he's going to answer and someone is going to die or get seriously hurt and I have a child on the way, I don't want that to be me" I said growing serious and they all looked away.

I picked up a church dress I got for my daughter and held it up and they all seemed shocked that I'd even consider going to church.

"You really serious about this shit huh?" Elias asked and I nodded looking at Jesse who was staring at me with an unreadable face before he stood up.

"I hate when you do shit like this, when you know what has to happen. You know this shit but you continue to not consult me before you make big choices" He said trying to control his anger.