"ah, it's nothing." glancing at the clock, you sighed after seeing the time. there wasn't much time left on your break. the day wasn't quite as enjoyable as you had hoped it would be, and nothing particularly noteworthy seemed to be about to happen, but that didn't stop you from sneaking a small smile to the male. your mind was elsewhere, and you were unable to focus because all you could think about was the precise phrases that had become indelibly tattooed on your brain; bruises, once again. "well then, you should go back now."

"is that all? no goodbye kiss?"

"yes."

the time that you spent serving them their dessert and beverages flew past. you knew lunchtime had arrived when the area was filled with several students dispersed all over. despite the fact that you made a lot of mistakes today due to carelessness, the manager didn't appear to be upset with what you had done, which surprised you a little because he seems really strict with the employees. instead of reprimanding you, he merely instructed you to begin cleaning the tables so that you could go home and rest. you were really grateful for his patience, not everyone would have tolerated your errors.

the black-haired left the cafe after the scene, but you run into him outside when your shift ended.

"kei, you look so adorable!" you pinched his cheeks, the mouth opens wide that your jaw might crack as you placed the final clip in his hair before opening your phone to take a picture.

"was i not before?" he questioned, staring down at you while you teasingly slapped his shoulder. "oww! why am i getting punished for being adorable?" baji pouted.

both of you could feel the odd glances being directed at you inside the accessory shot, but you paid to them no mind. the memory of chifuyu requesting you to allow him wear the hair clips that you own when the two of you were young played in your mind, he would always have the expression of intrigue as he sought to attach the clips to his blonde hair, always failing in his endeavor. he was always clumsy when he first attempted those, his fingers sending them tumbling down to his lap as he pretended to want to utilize them to seem cute. however, you knew he didn't give a damn about how he looked. the memory had become fondly fond for you, your elder brother had appeared so innocent at that time. as much as you wanted to deny his request at letting him borrow your clips, he wasn't going to leave even with a lot of 'no' until it went to the point where you stopped using those too.

"i'm sure you already know the answer." you frowned before opening your camera, baji was already smirking when you lifted your phone and took a picture together too.

"do i look better with my hair down or my hair tied?" he leaned down to reach your height, pushing the hair covering your face to the side and placed the hair clip there.

you squinted your eyes, taking a good look at him. "you look good with both, that's it."

"alright, also send me the picture. chifuyu's been sending me a lot of messages, he thought i kidnapped you or something." baji looked away with the shade of light pink on the tip of his ear. "hurry."

"alright, alright."

"seeing mikey get angry is scarier than the time when my dad used to yell at me while teaching me how to do my homework on the dinner table." emma chuckled.

all it took was one glance from mikey to make her shut up, you watched her lips formed into a thin line. "like you could do a better job." mikey spoke with an annoying smile on his face before resting his face on his palm. you sat there, dumbfounded, as the two of them bickered back and forth.

"seems like satan forgot to get someone." emma sighed, eyeing him carefully. her sleepy eyes becoming sharp the moment mikey smirked at her.

"funny how bitches like this can turn into my fans."

you watched the scene goes on while baji clipped the strand of the hair that was covering your view. yuzuha, the ginger-haired, could see the slight flush on your cheeks as she bit the straw to contain her laughter. she had never seen this side of baji before; it almost seemed as like he cared for you in some way, the female felt it was so lovely to watch him trying so hard to be gentle with your hair. the male was fully aware that if he wasn't going to be delicate, he would instantly cut every single strand of your hair.

mitsuya, who was seated next to her cared less because he's busy scrolling through his phone but he was still listening, respectfully. emma and draken paid no attention at the scene that they didn't know what's going on.

baji and you somehow ended up bumping into his friends and also, yours too. that's how the two of you ended up getting dragged by them in the end. baji could only glare at mikey, whispering to himself that it was supposed to be his and your moment. he didn't even know why they were dragging him along in their schemes. yuzuha introduced herself as the elder sister of hakkai, only one year older than him. she was several inches shorter than hakkai, but her presence was larger, which made her intimidating. although the female looked scry, she was kind.

"i suggest we should date instead." yuzuha winked, but later closed her mouth after staring at your side. you looked at her with confusion until you followed to where she was staring at and why she suddenly felt like a child who didn't know how to get the candy from the vending machine. 

emma smiled, resting her cheeks against her palm while draken wiped the ketchup on the blond's lips. "i know right, you know when someone's cute that it almost takes your breath away. please y/n, give me a chance to date you." she teased and soon followed by baji's groan.

when the three began to argue more loudly, the staff of the cafe was forced to send the group out of the place while stating that their screaming bothers the customers inside, and that, as soon as they left, the yelling resumes. the group went to the mall's arcade despite the fact that most of the guys had been interested in riding rollercoasters, one thing led to another.

baji pulled you away from the girls, giving them one last glare before he ran away with you.

"oh look, look!" you chuckled, pointing at the claw machine, which had a wolf plushies of a different hue. it features a little crimson scarf that adds further to the visual details. they stand out among the other plushies on the claw machines and are a little different from the standard. you made the decision to try to get that one that included the particular wolf plush that drew your attention. no luck thus far.

"i saw a video hack on youtube the other day, i think he did it like this." baji said and then proceeded to do the hack that he told that he saw on the buttons and joystick. "wait- let's try if it's going to work."

"that's so cool," you watched in amusement when baji handed you the black wolf plushies. if lady luck was still on his side, you could tell by the wy his eyes shone that he would be more than eager to offer you more than one. looking around, you saw the crew watching your figures close by, but before they could even notice you, you immediatel shifted your attention back to the machine. "kei, what the fuck. the crew is looking at us, aren't we allowed to do that?" you whisper loudly, panic slightly rising while looking back to where the staff were aproaching the two of you like you were some kind of a criminal.

baji took the strength not to look back at your word, "we're not. first, let's act like nothing happened, and second-"

"oh my god, he's approaching us."

"and second, we run."

"and here i am still wondering why those two aren't soulmates." mikey let out his signature grin as he watched the two of you running out of the arcade, chewing the gummy worm that he had brought just now with a flag that draken gave him.

"that means you have to get going and walk faster, you bastard. i keep bumping on your sweaty back for about twentieth times." emma shouted, pinching his older brother's back.