Chapter One: An Unwanted Homecoming

The air was cold. The room was dark. But yet, he could feel the intensity. Something powerful was nearby. He felt it. For hours he had been sleeping. It was a deep sleep, nothing could wake him. Except this... This feeling. He felt the feeling for a while now, and he ignored it. But now, it was really bothering him. It felt important. He couldn't explain it, but he just felt how important the feeling was. He just felt it.

  He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. Darkness... Pitch black was all there was. And the dangerously low temperature sent goosebumps down his spine.

  “Hello?...", he spoke. Nothing. There was a long silence until someone spoke up.

  “Its been a while, Skarr", mumbled a deep, menacing voice.

  Skarr, stood up and shifted around in his boots. “Who was that? And how do you know of my name?". Again, there was nothing... Skarr grew impatient of the deep voice's late replies. He clenched his fists. “Answer me!", he demanded.

  Suddenly, the room lit up. Skarr quickly looked around and tried to recognize where he was.

  “Surely you remember me. Its only been about 2,000 years", smirked the deep voice.

  Skarr's face darted to the right, where he heard the voice coming from. In a ten-foot throne, sat a giant, dressed in a black robe with jewels running down the lining. His skin was grey and the bags under his glowing white eyes were littered with pitch black tattoos and markings. He had a devilish smirk on his face, showing his dark yellow teeth.

  “L– My Lord..." Skarr fell to one knee and bowed his head. “My apologies, Lord Fordock...".

  “Get yourself together, mortal. If I wanted you dead, trust me, I would've had it done long ago", assured the giant, his tone growing impatient.

  Skarr quickly got back up to his feet and said, “Yes, my lord. But may I ask, why I'm here?", he asked nervously.

  The giant sat up in his throne and continued, “Yes, I need you to handle a bit of business... Just like the old times", he hinted.

  Skarr looked up at the Giant with a confused look.“I see. But, my Lord, hopefully you can understand. I've quit the business. I bought a small planet in Quadrant IV and I have a family now. I gave up that life. I'm sorry, but I'll have to turn that down. Maybe I can find another hitman for you", Skarr said nervously.

  Lord Fordock grew a frown on his face. He didn't like to be turned down. He never did, especially not by someone with a rank as low as Skarr's.

  “I just think the peacefulness of Quadrant IV has made you soft and weak! You will do this task and you will not hesitate to do it either! Besides, only you can do it", he said.

  “What do you mean, my Lord?"

  “I recently sent troopers to explore a few galaxies west of here and one team found something a bit interesting", Fordock muttered.

  “Interesting?", Skarr asked.

  “I know this may sound a bit... Surprising. But we found an uncolonized planet in the Milky Way Galaxy called Earth", he said quietly.

  “And what was so surprising about this... Earth?", he asked, growing more and more curious.

  Fordock leaned forward in his throne and said, “We scanned the power levels on the planet and found many Saiyan energy sources. And one of them was relatively high".

  Skarr's eyes grew wide and his mouth fell open. “More Saiyans? I thought they were wiped out!", he exclaimed.

  “No, one escaped to Earth before Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta and they multiplied", he said. Fordock raised his arm and faced his palm towards the ceiling. A blue aura formed in his palm and shaped a model of earth. He zoomed into North America until he found a boy, about 18 years of age with straight black hair that formed a neat Mohawk. He had brown eyes, a pointed nose, thick eyebrows, and signature cocky smile. His face somewhat resembled the one of Goku's.

  “Its just a boy", Skarr snarled.

  “A boy with a born power level of 15 thousand! And he's getting stronger as we speak!... That's why we need to get rid of him and his friends before its not an option”, Fordock barked.

  Skarr look to the ground and sighed, “I'm sorry, but I've changed my ways. Things are different now. I'm out of the business for good. I'm not helping you. My family is probably worried sick". Skarr turned around and started to walk away.

  “Actually I'm pretty sure that they'd want you to do otherwise", Fordock replied quickly.

  Skarr stopped dead in his tracks. He knew exactly what Fordock was talking about. But the part he was mainly worried about was his family knowing about his old job, what he did before he changed.

  “Don't put them in this!", he yelled.

  Fordock smirked and announced, “I'm afraid its a bit too late. Don't worry, they're safe as long as you do everything I say. I just need them to make sure you remain cooperative. Now, are we clear?".

  “Y–Yes sir...", said Skarr.

  Fordock said nothing. He just smiled deviously,

  “Good. Now let's get started".