Chapter 07.

Hey bitch! you want a pixie stick?

‧̍̊˙˚˙˙˚˙ 07 ˙˚˙˙˚˙‧̍̊

the hot sun beat down                   words• 5,293
on the baseball field.
the bleachers were empty, it
was quiet other that the
occasional crack of a baseball bat hitting a ball.

this was how Richie was spending his afternoons after school. sweating his balls off in a button up while he listens to Beverly gossip and watches Stan and Mike practice. it has been five whole days since Richie had seen Eddie. he missed getting shakes after school or going to the quarry to swim, and he missed making dinner with him and then watching movies. he even missed the way he nagged! Stan does it too, but it's never the same.

Beverly fans her face with the homework she's supposed to be doing. Her and Richie are sitting in the dugout under the shade. her red hair is pulled up today in-spite of the heat, "can we please go inside now? it's boiling out here." she looks over at Richie who's glumly leaning against the fence with his chin in his palm. he get quiet sometimes and it worries her.

she pulls out a cigarette and offers him the first puff to make him feel better. he takes it with a half smile and lights it.

"don't be so blue, you'll make up eventually" she nudges him but he barely moves an inch. Mike and Stan walk over with their duffle bags over their shoulders.

"you still moping?" Stan asks after he takes a drink form his water bottle.

Richie rolls his eyes and points his cigarette, "i will mope until i die."

"just talk to him," Mike says as they walk to the locker room. Beverly comes in with them as it's after school hours and nobodies in there, "he just didn't want to talk about what happened with Archie."

"obviously Mikey," Richie climbs on top of the lockers and lays down on his back. the ceiling is about four inches from his nose, "he doesn't want to talk, he told me he doesn't need anyone." he assumed he lost his job that night, considering Frank never called after and neither did Eddie.

"he does, he's so dramatic" Stan roles his eyes, "just apologize if it makes you this much of a sad blob without him."

Beverly smiles, "and we all know you want him"

Richie huffs at that, "i don't, but okay"

Stan cocks his head and frowns, "excuse me? you cried for four hours last night over the phone because you, and i quote, 'miss his fat a—" Mike and Beverly laugh as Richie throws his lighter at Stans face

"okay, i see your point. but i'm respecting his space—"

before Richie can finish Stans phone begins to ring from his duffle bag. he flips it open and answers

"hello?"

Beverly comes over to Richie and sits by him as they listen to Stans call.

"really? he did??" he sounds shocked, Mike peaks his head around the lockers to see what's going on.

"it's not funny dumb ass." Stan rolls his eyes and looks at the others who are all looking at him.