Working 9-5

⚠️Quick descriptions mentioned (if you would like to imagine Victoria on your own plz skip the second paragraph! (Also I'm sorry about 3rd person, the rest of the book is 1st!💕

"Cesar I need two omelets and a stack of blueberry.."

"Banana"

"Banana pancakes!" A teen with dark brown wavy locks and bright blue eyes, yells across the dinner to the chef, before returning her eyes to a scrawny little man. "Oh my god Kirk makeup your mind!"

"Ahh?" A woman with striking resemblance to the girl walks in with a gasp. "Is that anyway to treat your customers?"

"Its Kirk."

"Hey!" The small framed man says.

"So, you got up early."

"Yeah well I needed to take some extra hours today so that I can earn some extra cash. Which means I'll be up early and in late tomorrow to."

"Woah, you dont think your skipping school Monday do you?"

"Is that this Monday?"

"Uh yeah it's this Monday I'v only been talking about it for a whole summer." A duh tone in her voice, makes the young girl laugh slightly.

Just as the woman is done talking a new voice joins in conversation, "Ok, there is no way you are working tomorrow if you have school Monday." A strong scruffy man wearing a baseball cap joins the group at the counter.

"Lucas." The small girl glares at the man with a small smirk.

"Victoria." The man stares right back. The older woman rolls her eyes in laughter as she walks away and puts her stuff down at a table.

"Oh come on lucas I don't need school that bad! It's not like I'm Rory!

"Oh you most certainly do! And don't call me that!"

"Wanna bet?"

"Victoria we did this two weeks ago!"

"Saturdays off."

"You have Thursday's."

"Saturdays."

"Fine"

"Yes!" The small girl throws her hand in the air and gives a high-five to her mother. Luke eyes the girls down.

"Ok that's my que. Bye Luke!"

*****Saturday: Victoria's pov*****

"Good mourning boys! What can I get ya." I finally walk up to a pair of boys, I have been desperately trying to avoid, at the other end of the counter. One could tell be just looking at the boys who they where. They were the type to sit down check everyone out and try to get some pour suckers number. I honestly am not the best at reading people but sometimes people's vibes are just too much to ignore.

"Ya how about you give me your number." The blonde boy says.

I tried to hold back a laugh. This boy can not be serious, he tries to get my number with his pants sagging below his belt line?

"Umm yeah no, but I could get you any number on the menu." I say as I hold a menu up in front of him. Even though he has one it offers a distraction so his gaze can come off my hips.

"Ok fine I'll take a number five with a side order of you." Ok he is officially creepy, but it wasn't like I haven't heard it before mostly from a drunk Jason as he stumbles out of the alley. However I don't mind the playful banter of someone that will tip.

"Cesar a number five and an order of bacon please."

"Still you got my order wrong." I turn around to walk away but as I do a I feel a hand appear on my shoulder and freeze. Talking is one thing touching is another. It's not there long however as Luck quickly grabs his hand in a tight squeeze and slams his plate in-front of him. He stares at him for a second and then goes on with his day. Grunting through his teeth as he cleans a coffee cup. He may not be traditional or even know what he's doing, but he really does care. 

"Thank you." I whisper back to Luke as I go to the next table. I have always thought off him as my dad, seeing as my biological dad is never around he pretty much is. Although my sister cant see it, I can. After I get the next two tables orders I look to find the blonde man leaned over the table my mom and Rory sit at. I walk over before grabbing a seat opposite the man.

"So let me get this straight. You can't get my number so you try to get my mother's and my sister's?

"M-mother?" the boy stumbles back, grabs his friend, and walks out of the dinner. The three of us laugh in our chairs as Luke comes up and fills the coffee mugs once again.

-----------------

Question- Who is your favorite Gilmore Character?

-M