Game Plan

~ Jungkook's POV ~

After my little confession to Hana, it was crystal clear that she was evading my existence for a few days and was trying to occupy herself so she didn't have to walk home with me after school like we sporadically did. 

It was understandable, because an awkward and troublesome phase almost always follows a rejection. 

But today, I'm putting an end to this. 

The moment the last dismissal bell boisterously rang, the very first thing I did was dash to Hana's desk while all the other students bustled out of the classroom. 

"Hana. Wait." I said as I clutched her thin arm, which was right about to clasp the strap of her pastel pink backpack. 

"W-What's up Kookie?" she asked in discomfort and stiffly faced her body towards me but with her eyes still averted from mine.

"Let's grab some lunch tomorrow. You know, since it's a Saturday and we don't have school?" I loosened my grip on Hana, hoping she'd simmer down a bit and be more comfortable around me again. 

"Uhm..." she bit her lips apprehensively, certainly resistant with a big fat "NO" written all over her face. 

Sighing at how adamant she was acting, I reclined against a desk that was adjacent to hers. 

"Look, Hana, I just want you to forget everything that happened between us that night. I'm sorry I kissed you, I really am. But I want you to forget that, including my confession to you. Let's just go back to when we were good friends?"

Unexpectedly, Hana finally met her gaze with mine, shook her head in denial, and clarified, "No, yeah, I know. But that's not the reason why I can't hangout with you tomorrow."

Utterly perplexed, I queried along with a confused cock of my head, "Then?"

"I have a date with my boyfriend tomorrow at 12. He's coming back from his vacation tonight." she informed me, instantly making me regret my decision of asking the reason. 

"Oh. Where you guys going?" I asked as a good friend would do, trying my best to masquerade my broken heart. 

"The aquarium. That's his favorite place in this city." Hana explained sheepishly in a tone full of affection, lowering her face in order to conceal her flushed cheeks. 

Damn, she must really like him. 

"Cute." I gritted my teeth with a fake smile, wishing I had the capability of making her blush like that. 

Wearing her schoolbag on one side of her shoulder, she secured her books in her hand and turned around. 

"Sorry Jungkook. Maybe next time?" 

"Yeah, yeah of course. Enjoy your date tomorrow." I said as I stood up properly, preparing to leave as well. 

"Thanks." Hana sent me an enticing grin, then headed out of the classroom. 

Subtly punching the surface of the desk, I ambled to my own seat and packed up to leave too. 

But in that split second, I luckily caught my best friend Jin sauntering through the hallway in the direction of the exit. 

A nonexistent lightbulb popping up in my brain, I hurriedly shoved my unused notebooks and pens into my backpack and pursued him. 

Catching up to him, I greeted, "Heyyyy Jinnie" as I swung my arm around his body and embraced him. 

Acknowledging with a side-eye that it was just me, he asked without reluctance, "Need help?" 

"What? How'd you know?" I asked as I released my hold on him, astonished by his shrewdness and ingenuity. 

"You never call me cute names unless you want something from me. Come on, I know you dude." Jin pointed out accurately, considering the fact that we've gotten so close in such a short time period.

"Yeah, I actually need you to do me a favor." I disclosed, putting my hands into my pocket as we strolled down the hall. 

"What's up." Jin questioned, giving me his undivided attention. 

Guessing I should start off by telling him about my minuscule crush on Hana, I started, "So, I need you to promise me you wont tell anyone what I'm going to tell you."

"What? That you like Hana?" he did it yet again, as if he was some sort of brilliant psychic. 

"How the fu-"

"Dude, you have a staring contest with the back of her head every single day in class. You cannot be more obvious." Jin caught me red-handed, making me feel extremely embarrassed. 

"Shut up..." I mumbled and looked away, blushing madly up to the tip of my ears. 

"But isn't she dating-"

"I know, she has a boyfriend. Don't remind me." I said in displeasure as I raised my hand in front of his face so he could shut up instantly. 

"Then why-"

"I just found out recently okay. I got rejected real bad." I mumbled angrily, hating to have to justify myself with such humiliating memories that I wanted to forget as soon possible. 

"You confessed to her?!?!?" Jin gasped dramatically, probably thinking I'm an idiot too. 

Reminiscing about that night, I sighed heavily, "Not just confessed. I even kissed her..."

Hearing about my reckless and foolish action, Jin bursted out into hysterical laughter. 

"It's not funny dude! I feel like a sore loser!" I complained as I punched him hard on his arm, but his rocklike biceps protected him and he didn't budge a single bit. 

"You are one for kissing a girl without checking if she's taken or not first." he insulted me and nudged my forehead with the palm of his hand, treating me like a little lovestruck kid. 

"Anyway, that's not my point. My point is, I need you to help me out tomorrow afternoon." I got straight to the point, preventing him from ridiculing me any further. 

"With?" Jin asked, still chuckling a little.  

Smirking slightly with boldness and tenacity, I told him my scheme. 

"Stalking Hana's date." 

Giving me an expression of utter disgust, Jin ceased in his steps and shoved me by my chest and scolded, "The hell dude, that's just creepy and wrong."

"I'm not gonna attack them or anything, chill. I just want to see how her boyfriend looks like." I assured of my innocent mindset, having absolutely no motives of harming or committing any wrongdoing towards Hana. 

"But he-"

"Shh, I just need a yes or no. Please Jin? For me?" I begged pleadingly, and after deliberate consideration, Jin gave in.

"... Fine."

Giving him a brisk hug of appreciation, I uttered, "I love you man. Really."

"Sorry man, I got a girl already." Jin rejected me harshly, making it my second rejection within the span of a week. 

"Meet me in front of the aquarium tomorrow at 12." I gave him the specific date and time of the plan, giving him that "you better be there" look on my face. 

Nodding his head in comprehension, Jin accepted. 

"Got it."