"Yeah, but as far as I know, Dr. Marshall was avoiding him.. It seems like there is something holding her back from accepting him.." Shanon add. Dr. Julien just seat there, too focus hearing the story.

"I don't know if I should tell you this. But actually last night--" Genevie stop. Part of her are telling her to stop.

"What? What about last night?" Dr. Julien is eager to know, and so do Shanon.

Genevie take a very deep breath before she continue, with her eyes looking around if there is people from the camp near them. "Last night, I saw Dr. Emily storming out from that soldier's truck, crying."

Dr. Julien mouth become wide open after what Genevie just said.

"Really?? Wow. That's new. I don't even remember seeing Dr. Marshall cried after her mother passed away." Dr. Julien says, totally amazed with the gossips that he just hear from Genevie.

"Me too. I still remember when she totally went off the grid by staying up in the ECMC even though it's not her shift.." Shanon add.

"Yeah. Tell me about it. I know this one intern from the ER. He told me that Dr. Marshall practically lived at the ER during that time.. She really work herself so damn hard.." Genevie says.

"Don't you guys heard about it? Even her best friend, Dr. Elizebeth came to the ER department searching for her at that time, well it was more like scolding her actually.. She act like everything is okay, pretending to be strong to the level that it actually had hurt her deep inside. Dr. Elizebeth did make a scene at her office that time,"

Just as Dr. Lee want to continues his story, suddenly he stop after seeing Jayden are walking pass them. The three of them change look between them.

"OMG. Did he heard us??" Shanon are currently looking at Dr. Lee with her wide eyes. Dr. Lee and Genevie let out a very deep sighs as a response to her question.

"Let's just hope he's not going to tell Dr. Marshall that we are talking about her behind her back.." Dr. Lee add.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She stand there, in silence. Watching the condition of this village right now. With the traces of blood that still can be seen along the street, Emily take a very deep breath, while crossing her arms around her chest.

"Hey..." A voice from behind says. She turn around to see Shawn is walking towards her. Emily give him a little smile.

"Are you okay??" He asks, standing right beside of her. Emily did not reply him. She just stand there in silence for a few seconds, with Shawn observing her from beside.

"All those innocent people, all the innocent lives that we've lost today.. I just--" Emily stop, taking a deep breath for a few seconds.

"I don't really know what to feel at this point.." She add.

"You did well. All of you." Shawn says, while looking at her eyes so deep.

"But I can't save all of them.." Her eyes is already teary. One by one faces of the villagers that died in front of her came into her mind.

"I told them that it was okay. I told them that it will be fine, and in the end, I watched almost half of them dies right in front of my eyes.." Her voice sounded like it is shaking, all her emotions is pilling up.

"Emily..." Shawn say, while holding her shoulders.

"Hey, look at me.." He tells her softly. Emily lift her head, looking at Shawn.

"Listen, you did a very good job today. You and your team. It's not your fault that you can't save them all. I was there with you, I saw all of it. You have tried your best. You did what you should did out there, and you've did it so bravely... So stop blaming yourself. Yes we did lost too many innocent lives today. But Emily, you've also saved many of them. Remember that."

Emily look at Shawn with a small smile on her face. Shawn also smile back at her. If only Emily find out that the one that had caused this blood bath is actually her own father, Shawn could not imagine how would she overcome her guilt.

"Thank you." She says, still with a smile on her face.

"My pleasure.." He reply.

"Wow. What a view." A very familiar voice says that make both of Shawn and Emily to turn their head.

Ughh..Great! Emily thought to herself. She sighs, looking at that very familiar figure, which is none other than Jayden Walker.