? | the bottle chooses favorites

Start from the beginning

Yachi gave you an encouraging thumbs up before you tied the cloth around your eyes. Now it was completely up to your remaining senses to try and figure out who you were going to be locked up with for five minutes.

An unknown person placed the cool bottle into your hands. You flicked your wrist and listened to the faint sound of its spinning before it died out. There was a moment's hesitation before a few people stood up: one to guard the closet, one to guide you, and another to be locked in.

As you made your way closer to the door, you felt your head knock into the door frame. "Ow..." you rubbed your forehead and caught a few snickers from behind you.

So much for guiding me.

You carefully listened to the click of the door as it was closed. You could hear the breaths of the other person in the tiny room. And not to mention, it was quite hot.

You could pick up the faint scent of laundry detergent and something sweet, but then again that could just be the closet.

Should I do something?

You awkwardly played with your fingers and kept your head low, "Um... hi."

Having no knowledge of who this person was, you didn't know how to approach them. Was it someone you were close with? A friend? Possibly your crush? Or was it one of the members you rarely spoke to.

That'd be awkward.

Earning no response, you came to the conclusion that your turn had ended up in one of those awkward, silent 5 minute rounds; until you felt a finger poke your shoulder.

"Yeah?" you asked. It seems this stranger wanted to keep their anonymity for as long as possible.

Then a finger pressed against your lips. Are they trying to ask me for consent?

God kill me if I'm wrong.

This was a risk. You had no idea who was about to steal your first kiss, but maybe it was worth a shot. After all, it could be the one you were hoping for.

"Sure." you nodded.

There was a brief pause before you felt a pair of lips press against your own. It was long and innocent, and definitely had a touch of intimacy to it.

Before you knew it, the kiss was over. You felt a cold, empty feeling in your lips as you craved this person's touch. Sure, you could remove the blindfold right now, but where's the fun in that?

"Can we kiss again?" you asked quietly.

This time, there was no hesitation. Their lips mashed into yours with more courage than before. You accidentally let out a short gasp, and eventually found your hands snaking around their neck.

Their tongue slid across your bottom lip, asking for permission to enter your mouth. You parted your lips and felt your tongues dance in unison. Though you hadn't a clue of who this stranger was, the kiss felt like something you'd share with someone you knew for years.

You both parted for air, but they immediately moved their lips to your neck. You found yourself stumbling backwards into a wall, their hands holding you around the waist.

It's someone from the team... I know I can trust them.

They took gentle nibbles down your neck as you bit your lip to suppress any moans. You felt a finger press against your bottom lip as if they were telling you it was okay.

A harsher bite caught you by surprise on a sweet spot you were not aware of, waves of pleasure rolling down your body.

"Nnn... w-wait." you panted. As soon as you spoke, they let go of any part of your body that they were touching.

I think we're almost at 5 minutes.

"Can I?" you mumbled, tugging on the blindfold. Before you got the chance to untie it yourself, their hands pulled the cloth down for you.

Your eyes widened with disbelief as you scanned the person top to bottom.

"K-kageyama-kun?!"

The black haired male nodded his head, his face and ears cherry red.

It was an 8% chance that you'd get your crush, and somehow the odds were in your favor today. Well aren't I lucky?

"C-can we keep it a secret?" his attitude was so timid now that his identity was revealed.

You took a moment to comprehend what had happened in the last four minutes before letting out a small laugh.

"What?" he seemed offended.

"S-sorry, it's just... I've had a crush on you for such a long time I—I didn't think this was how it was going to go." you wiped your lips with the back of your hand that were still wet with saliva.

"But yeah, we can keep it a secret," you nodded. Kageyama let out a sigh of relief, yet he found it quite difficult to maintain eye contact with you.

"Wait, how did you learn to kiss like that?" you asked suspiciously, knowing damn well the boy hasn't kissed anyone before.

"Videos," he grumbled.

Videos? You furrowed your brows. Videos as in grainy 2012 YouTube tutorials or por—

The door suddenly clicked open and a gust of fresh air filled the room. Only now did you notice how stuffy the closet was.

The team stared in silence as the two of you walked out, red faced, disheveled clothing, and swollen lips. Any high schooler would be able to tell what just happened.

The blonde salt shaker was the first to talk of course.

"So the king's found his queen, huh?"

Cringe.

"Ts-tsukki!"

"Don't be rude, Tsukishima!"

"Holy shiiiiii-"

You sighed and awkwardly plopped in between Yachi and Hinata, Kageyama waddling to his respective spot. Tsukishima's incessant teasing took over the room as the third years tried to stop him.

"(y/n)-san! When you told me you had a crush, I didn't think it was going to be Kageyama-kun!" Hinata wouldn't stop glancing between the two of you.

"S-sorry." you looked around nervously. Wait, why am I apologizing?

"How was it?" Yachi whispered. As soon as she saw the bottle land on Kageyama, she knew someone's relationship status was going to change.

"Uh..." finding no other words to explain the situation, you simply answered, "hot."

Yachi's face turned red just at the thought. "Ican'tdothisIcan'tdothisIcan'tdothisIcan't-"

"Calm down, Hitoka! It's not even your turn yet." you grabbed the girl by her shoulders. "And look what happened to me, you might get the person you want as well." a reassuring smile helped Yachi regain her composure.

"Ah, I hope so..." she muttered, staring down at her hands as she played with her fingers. "Thank you, (y/n)-san."

You gave her a broad grin before turning back in with the rest of the team.

"Shut up! Nothing happened," Kageyama snapped back at Tsukishima as they argued at each others' throats. Sugawara gave you a thumbs up from across and mouthed the words "Nice kill".

You giggled to yourself and watched as the team fell into utter chaos. I guess the bottle favors me.

tell me if you guys liked the mystery x reader concept! i may write more in the future