Chapter 30 - fin

a note: please read the end of this chapter in tom holland's cute peter voice

thank you for all <3

__Peter__

It just all hurt so much. I'd lost all sense of direction, the disorientation of whatever device that was looped around my neck was becoming too much. My stomach burned with hunger. It was crazy to believe I was still alive, let alone still conscious.

Everything had become a haze—a haze of painfully bright colors, ear-piercing sounds, overly potent smells, and pain. Pain everywhere.

They'd taken the needle out of my arm and left my arms to hang by my sides. I think they realized I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon so I wasn't necessarily a threat.

"Sir, I don't think—" One of the scientists speaks, from somewhere in the world. He could be on the other side of the planet and I wouldn't know the difference. Every sound slid together.

"I want to know when the Spider will break." Arsenic's rumbling voice echoes. "We keep going until he gives in."

There's a pause of silence, "Yes, sir." The doctor murmurs.

"Father," Flash's malicious voice seems to explode in my eardrums. I whimper back, afraid. "You said I could do it today."

"I lied." Arsenic booms in response.

"What?" Flash shrieks. "You promised me—"

"When have I ever kept a promise?" His voice screams, attracting a scream from me as well. Heavy footsteps drift away, leaving me to return to the familiar loud silence.

I can hear Flash's breath get heavier, taste the sweat off his brow, feel the hatred rooted deep in his core. He grabs something metal, then I hear the cell door open and close.

I peel my eyes open, my entire body too exhausted to do anything else. "Flash..." I whisper.

I see now what he has in his hand.

A gun.

I'd try to take it out with my web shooters, but those badboys are longggg gone. The glove is still in my hand, but I can feel the muscles in my fingers and palm start to weaken as time goes by. They're trying to break me down.

Now, by the science of it, I know Tony's suit can be regenerated by massive amounts of electricity. Tony once told me the story of how when he first met Thor, Thor electrocuted him, but all that electricity only intensified the electric power he already had stored up in his suit.

However, every time they electrocute me, I never see the glove spurt back to life. My only theory left is that the glove has to have a pulse in it to work it; I have to put my hand in the glove.

But I want to save that possibility as a last resort, in case worse comes to worse—and this right here is looking pretty bad.

Flash pulls back the slide, loading the gun. I can see his fingers tremble as he lifts the weapon up to point at my face. "Flash, please." I whisper breathlessly.

"No." He hisses through clenched teeth. "I get to do this. I've had enough of father telling me what to do."

Really? I'm going down at the hands of a spoiled, angsty teenager?

"Flash, man—you don't have to do this." I raise my eyebrows at him, "Put the gun down and everything can be okay again." My words come out in stutters.

"Peter, nothing was ever okay." I can tell the teen's reached his breaking point. With all the pressure from his dad, neglection of attention, all the anger of torturing me—it's become too much for him to handle. He's searching for a way out. "This is the only way." Flash's left hand clasps the handle beside his right, somehow trying to steady the gun more, regardless of how shaky his hands already are.