Chapter 3

Tony pulls the mic away from his face, covering it with his hand, "Peter?" He whispers to me. "Are you okay?" He whispers into my ear as he shakes my hand. I just keep up my facade as I give him a tight smile and step into line beside Benjy and Flash.

"And the winner is..." Tony says into the mic as he flashes me another concerned look. As obnoxiously as they possibly can, the rest of my student body drums either their hands on their thighs or feet on the stands in a drum roll.

"Peter Parker!" Tony shouts into the mic. Everyone starts applauding—not for me, but for Tony and his coolness. However, I do notice how Ned has begun to ferociously scream from where he's standing in the crowd and starts furiously playing the air guitar to celebrate.

I look over at Flash beside me and see the utter anger radiating off of him. "You'll pay, Parker." Flash whispers into my ear as he tries to cordially shake my hand. Benjy gives me a hug and a polite congratulations.

Tony places his hand on my shoulder and gives my class one last wave before guiding me out of the gym and into an empty hall. "Peter, what happened to your face?!" He asks as he tries to inspect my eye.

"It wasn't you! I promise." I insist as I carefully push his hands off my face.

"Then who was it?" Tony scoffs, leaning away. Then realizations dawns on him.

"You don't need to worry about me." I hum as I look down at my feet.

"Well, you're my personal intern now, so I'm gonna have to." He snorts as he places a hand on my shoulder. "Where's your backpack?" He asks casually.

"With Ned." I answer, gesturing back to the gymnasium.

"You think he can get that back to you?" Tony checks, shooting me a finger gun as he pulls his sunglasses on.

"Yeah." I shrug as we walk out of the school.

"Off we go, then." Tony hums as he shoves his hands into his pant pockets.

"What?" I snort. "Where?"

"The Tower?" Tony replies as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "School is out, kiddo. It's time to learn."

The next thing I know, a bombardment of flashing cameras and shouted names overcome my senses, leaving me on the floor in a smol ball.  God knows where Tony went, but when I look up, all I see are camera lenses, flashing lights, and angry faces.

"Are you the kid Stark hit with his car?!"

"Name?"

"Are you Mr. Stark's new intern?"

"Are you Mr. Stark's son?"

I want to scream. Just sit there and scream. But before I have the chance to, I feel someone grab my upper arms and pull me out of the crowd and into a car. I peep one eye open, my head pounding with pain. Tony is saying things to me in a rushed manner, but I can't seem to hear any of it. All that I hear is a light ringing. The flashes have yet to stop, they seem to be making it through the shaded windows of the car. It's only when we make it 2 blocks away that my senses finally start to dial back in to their regularly highly sensitive state.

"Kid? Peter?" Tony tries, worry evident on his face.

"Yeah, Mr. Stark?" I murmur as I look back out the window.

"Oh, thank god! You weren't replying for a minute there, kid." He releases a deep breath of relief. "Sorry about the press, it wasn't until I'd made it to the car that I realized I'd lost you in the hoard."

"It's okay." I chuckle tightly in response. We pull up to the Avengers Tower. "Holy cow..." I murmur under my breath as I look up at the looming building.