Chapter 22

*just a reminder that anything in italics during Eddie's POV is venom in his mind*

*also panic attack trigger warning*
[included brackets]

__Peter__

Ned and MJ had left around an hour ago, it's a school night so I guess that makes sense. It was dinner time, so we ordered out from this cool Italian restaurant in Manhattan. It smells amazing, but I don't think I'll eat any.

We were in our usual spots at the table, laughing and eating the night away. Eddie, however, isn't eating anything. It makes sense, since he has a limited menu, but I still worry. He probably feels very left out. So, I don't eat anything for Eddie's sake. You know, to help him feel less alone.

We're still laughing about the stuff we pulled on Flash. "And, and then—" Scott wipes a tear from his eye, "Then the kid fell over the couch, and then the donuts—" We're all at the point of laughter where no sound comes out, only a slight wheeze (ya'll know this kind of laugh 😂).

"I still can't get over it." Tony heaves as he goes for another forkful of salad.

"Me neither." I snicker. A few of the Avengers politely chose not to indulge in the prancing of one young Flash Thompson, and those Avengers are currently extremely confused.

The distant Avengers came to stay, too. Tony said they'd had some meeting about the accords and they all had to come, so they're staying for the next week until everything is settled.

distant avengers include: Ant-Man, ! Pietro ! , Sam, Rhodey, and Thor isn't distant, but he comes and goes :) sorry if i missed any, there are sooooo many lmao

"Hey, Pete," Tony starts after swallowing a mouthful of pasta. Man, we eat a lot of pasta. "You gonna eat?"

I look down at my empty plate and shrug, "Probably not." I laugh in an attempt to ease his tense demeanor. I don't want Tony to be worried about me, I just don't want Eddie to feel alone.

"Eat." He orders with a fork pointed at my face, almost like a weapon. I shoot him a small glare, with which he returns 10x as ferocious.

Eddie notices our little spat and he raises an eyebrow at me. I raise my eyebrows in return and realization dawns on him, "Peter, eat the food." He sighs.

"No." I squint at Eddie. He's caught onto my plan.

"Peter, I swear to—" Eddie starts as he runs a hand over his face exhaustedly.

"Fine!" I throw my hands up into the air and plop some fettuccine onto my plate. Giving Eddie a small, caring smirk, I dig into my pasta happily. Not gonna lie, I was definitely starving.

"So, boys," Tony starts as he takes a deep breath in. He shares an uneasy look with the rest of the Avengers, "I was planning on having a banquet this Friday."

"Yeah?" I hum without look up from my plate.

"Aaannnddddd," He dips his head forwards as he tries to prolong this as much as possible. I raise an eyebrow as I make confused eye contact with Eddie. "I was hoping it'd be okay if I announced you two then. You know, to the public."

[panic attack trigger warning]

My stomach plummets. My breathing reduces to short, quick breaths as I struggle to regain my senses. Conversation booms around me, but every sound seems to dull to the same unified ringing and I notice everything in the room starts pulsing brighter.