How to declutter your life

This is difficult. Plain and simple. Your room or even flat looks like someone has decided to buy EVERYTHING and even worse - keep it. If you feel stressed by your space - then you've come to the right spot. Tidying up if done wrong, will make you tired and change absolutely nothing in the long run. If you want to change something, you must face the hard decisions (see: OneDirection or Fifth Harmony). 

Grab a nearby object (please not a person) and ask yourself:

1.) Do I need this? 

With some objects this is easy. "This is my computer, of course I need it." With the latest Stephen King that you kinda liked but kinda didn't - not so much. And what if someone gave it to you as a present for your 12th birthday? Even more difficult! But we have more questions we can ask.

2) When did I last use it? Will I use it again? 

Yes Prom Dress, I'm talking to you! I don't care how pretty it is, if you will never wear it again (maybe because you don't have the body of a 16 year old anymore) then don't hang on to it. Wouldn't you prefer to have something you can love now? Maybe take a picture of it (if you don't have one when you last wore it) and then sell it, give it to someone you know or charity.

3) What does it make me feel? 

Oh yes. If it's a bad memory, I guess you can safely say: buh-bye! Who needs to be reminded of that time you didn't win a competition? Not me!

4) Has it expired?

Luckily, books don't expire (unless they start smelling and getting yellow, then I agree). But makeup does. Don't hang on to old stuff because the package is nice.

I see lots of videos online of people who discard stuff and just throw it in the trash. What a waste. If you can, give something to people you know (of course only if in good condition), sell it or give it to charity. There is no need to throw things in the trash just because you don't use it.

Post your declutter challenges! Which type of item are you struggling with?