PART TWO

It's been a week, and the Gems have had everything ready. Connie's mom came in the day before they would bring him home. She made sure everything would be ok, and that hed be alright here

She approved the place after some adjustments. It was going to be hard for him to adjust, it's not every day you lose an arm.

"Make sure he doesn't move around too much the first few days, his body will need time to recover from the trauma and the blood loss. Especially his head. Also, make sure he takes this antibiotic. Along with this pain pill and the melatonin. When he does wake up, he'll either easily ware out and blackout or he could want to move around and won't be able to sleep. He's ok on food, it's doesn't matter what he eats. Just make sure he doesn't overeat." She gave them the medicine and left with Connie back to the hospital. They had to get his bed ready to be moved and so he could be moved too.

They were nervous. They needed to be ready to see him, they hadn't been allowed to see Steven the week before and they didn't know what he looked like.

They waited for Connies mom to bring him over. Pearl was pacing. She didn't know if she was ready to see him like this. But she didn't have a choice.

Garnet walked to the door before Mrs. Maheswaran knocked. She led them in, the nurses pushing Stevens bed in.

Pearl gasped. She went over to the side of his bed. He was still out of it, and wasn't awake just yet.

"He should wake up sometimes in the next two days. Connie wants to stay here, and if it's that ok with you, I'd prefer she does so she can keep me updated on his condition"

"Yeah, that's fine of course, " Pearl said, staring at Steven. They continued to take the boy upstairs and placed him in the bed. Misses Maheswaran put the Iv in, and made sure the machines were hooked up.

"Ok, well, that's all. I'll be back next week." Then, she left with the nurses and there was just the gems and Steven.

"Garnet...can you see when he's going to wake up?" Pearl asked.

"Uh...hold on..." She said she sat down...the doctor said in the next two days.

"He's going to wake up, TONIGHT!" She stood up, joy washing over her.

"Will he be ok?" Pearl asked.

"Uh, I can't see that far..." She said, sadly.

"It's ok, as long as we get a chance to finally see him awake and maybe get him to talk too." Pearl was smiling. Amethyst was over by Steven.

"We can't wait to see you, buddy, see you tonight, " she was brushing his hair with her hand.

STEVENS POV
I wasn't sure what was happening, everything was still dark...am I dead? Maybe that why I feel pain in my back and shoulder...is this how it all really ends?

No- I can't let that happen. All I have to do is open my eyes. That's simple, right? Super simple. Just, open.

I tried, and I tried. I was straining so much. Why was it so exhausting to just open my eyes? I know I can do it... it's just tiring.

One more time...and then I'll just rest it...

One...two...three.

I saw some light, but soon it got overpowering... I went to cover my eyes with my right hand but, it didn't work? Maybe I still couldn't move. I lifted my back up a bit, squinting. Where was I?

I heard a gasp. "Steven, you're up!" I heard Pearl say loudly..it hurt my ears but I was happy to hear her again...it felt like it's been forever...

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're home, it's ok! Everything is ok " she said pulling me into a hug. I faintly saw Amethyst and Garnet walk in. Amethyst turned on a light. I covered my eyes with my left hand.

"Sorry, buddy!" She said, with a laugh. They were so loud...

"Steven, are you ok?" Garnet asked. She was right next to my ear, and it hurt. I let go of pearl and covered my ears. My right arm still not working. Why though? My left one was working fine.

"We're being too loud" Garnet whispered.

I was squinting, and I could only faintly see Connie now walk in. She looked like she'd been crying a lot. What happened?

"G-guys what happened? Why isn't my right arm moving? How did I get here? Why was it so-" Garnet stopped me from asking any more questions.

"Steven, do you not remember?" She asked.

"No...I don't...I only remember sitting on the grass and asking you how the future looked...then nothing" I said. Did something happen?

I heard them all talking, but I couldn't hear them. I looked around and saw it was dark out. Lion was lying outside. I looked down at the bed. I was in hospital wear and sweatpants. Why? Wasn't I just in jeans and my jacket?

"Steven, " I heard Pearl start. But my mind went quiet when I stared at my right arm...where my right arm should have been.

I was just staring...what..where was my arm?! Why wasn't I able to feel an arm there!?

"S-steven, look, you lost your arm," I think they saw me staring.

"His eyes are turning bright pink..." I barely heard Amethyst say. I look up at them. I was freaking out.

What had happened? Where was my arm? Why was I in a hospital gown? Why was Connie crying? What was pearl trying to tell me? How come I had been in darkness for so long?

I sat up quickly and instantly regretted it. Pain shot through my head.

"I-i feel sick, " I said, my eyesight got worst and I could feel myself swaying.

I felt dizzy...and I saw darkness creep in the corner of my eyes again...and then I was consumed again.

THIRD PERSON POV
Steven had fainted back into unconsciousness again.

"Steven?!" Pearl looked at Steven.

"What happened?!" Amethyst asked freaking out.

"Guys guys, he's fine...he was moving too much too fast. Plus, it was bright for him. Plus, we were a little loud. He's been out for almost two weeks, he hasn't used his senses. They're going to be sensitive." Connie explained.

"Plus he saw his arm was missing...maybe that's why he started to freak out," Garnet said.

"We should just give him some space next time he wakes up. If anything, maybe only one of us at a time should be in the room." Connie said.

"Yeah...that's probably best."

"Pearl, I think you should be the first one in here the next time he wakes up," Connie said

"Ok...what should I say?" Pearl asked.

"Well, we know now that he's really sensitive to light and sound, so keep it at a whisper and only use the lamp in that corner, " she pointed to the left corner in the back. "You'll have to go slow. Start by SLOWLY asking if he remembers anything. If you get his mind racing too much he might black out again..." Connie said, looking at Steven.

"Should I have him drink anything or take anything?" Pearl asked.

"Uh, yeah...that would be best. Have him take the medicine aside from the melatonin."

"Ok...next time he wakes up we'll be ready."