32. 'slumber party'

Start from the beginning

______________________________

Tom felt like he was on top of the world. That's right. He, for once, felt like there was nothing that could shake him.

He was stood by the grill with Robert, who was cleaning up the aftermath of 'burgers for 20, and that's just for Hemsworth' as he called it. He had a cold bottle of beer in his hand, taking a sip every so often and laughing every time Robert made a snide remark about how Hemsworth was 'really embracing this whole fat Thor thing before they'd even shot the goddamn movie'. Despite this, his eyes remained fixed on the girl sat around the firepit.

Cash sat between Hemsworth and Pratt, a stick in her hand with a marshmallow placed at its tip. She was laughing, throwing her head back and harmlessly jabbing the men around her whenever they made what he could only assume was a jibe about the two of them.

She looked over to where Tom and her father stood chatting, throwing him a cheeky dimple-infested grin before Hemsworth jokily waved a hand in front of her face.

"My god, can you stop with the googley eyes Downey!" Hemsworth spoke, tapping his marshmallow against hers over the fire and waving lovingly over to Tom.

She batted his hand down and rolled her eyes, laughing over at Tom who, in the new spirit of trying to hold his own, waved lovingly back.

"Yeah, Downey! People are trying to eat over here!" Mackie joined in, pointing down to his full plate of leftovers.

"I hope you and Flirty McFlirtface over there understand that some of us are harmlessly focusing on the art of marshmallow roasting," Pratt started, "and don't need you guys and your young love to throw us off our game!"

Cash stuck her tongue out at him, which made him mimic her back. As he looked to Hemsworth to laugh about their jibes, Cash took her marshmallow stick and knocked Pratt's into the fire.

"My marshmallow!' He screamed, as Cash brought hers out of the pit, took it from the stick and dramatically placed it in her mouth, making sure he saw each and every chew.

"You know what? I think I might've figured out how to roast the perfect marshmallow," she spoke, "Pratt? How's yours going? Oh, wait."

Pratt stormed over to where the marshmallows sat beside Scarlett, placing one dramatically onto his stick and placing it back into the fire.

Tom laughed from across the courtyard, taking a sip of his beer. This is kind of how the entire party had gone: someone would make a comment about either of them and Cash would effortlessly make them regret it. Apart from that, it'd been a pretty peaceful party.

The men had stood around the grill for the majority of the evening, bottles of beer in hand joking about how shocked they were that Tom had 'kept' it all a secret from Cash. Cash had been in and out of the pool with both Lizzie and Scarlett, taking countless selfies and drinking homemade mojitos, made by 'team prep' themselves.

"How are the mojitos, ladies?" Mackie would ask every ten minutes, fist pumping either Sebastian or Hemsworth whenever they complimented their bartending skills.

But now was the most perfect moment for Tom, stood watching Cash smile around her family, not a care in the world. This is how it was meant to be.