09. 'the after party, part one'

"Oh my god!" Liz practically screamed, "look! Scarlet Johansson is within my direct vicinity!"

Casey laughed, "normal people normally don't scream about their 'direct vicinity' in public," she spoke, and led her friend away from the carpet to find Cash who had gone to the bathroom as the movie finished.

"My god, why did she choose to go to the stupid bathroom at the most visited time of the movie - the end!"

Liz was stood in her beautiful peach dress, which was quite the juxtaposition from her stance - arms crossed over her chest spotting a scowl.

"I wanna go party, Casey!" she whined, as poor Casey tried her best to hunt the crowd for their best friend, instead finding a wandering Zendaya.

"Daya!" She called out, making her turn and walk towards the two.

"Woah," she started, "who upset Lizzie?"

Liz huffed, looking around the crowd once more before turned herself back to Zendaya, "you know what, Cash might've graduated valedictorian - but she's the stupidest person to have ever walked a red carpet!"

Zendaya looked confused, "she went to the bathroom at the end and now we've been waiting 20 minutes for her to get her butt back here."

Zendaya suddenly understood, having to lift her dress slightly to sit on the bench with the two girls.

"Well I have news on Operation Tash," she spoke, which made both girls perk up and lean into Daya's sides.

"Oh my god!" Liz started, "how did we not think to call it Operation Tash? It was right there!"

The girl ran a frustrated hand through her hair, and suddenly Casey realised that the last glass of champagne before the limo probably wasn't exactly her finest supervision of Liz, two drinks and she retracted to the mental capacity of a ten-year-old.

"Let her speak!" Casey said, putting a single finger onto Liz's pouted lips and urged Zendaya to continue.

"Tom is over the nerves of the premiere, but I think we might have to coax him to get over the nerves of talking to Cash-"

Before Zendaya could finish her sentence, Cash emerged from the bathroom adjusting her dress and looking around for her friends.

"Guys! You're never gonna guess who I just met in the bathroom!" She said, straightening out her spiderweb skirt, "Jennifer Aniston! I mean I don't know what she's doing here but I washed my hands next to her and-wait, why are you all staring at me?"

The three girls coughed and motioned with their eyes to behind her, "guys, this is a big deal!! I just used the same hand dryer as the Jennifer Aniston!"

From behind her, Cash heard a laugh and looked to all the girls in front of her who's eyes where fixed to her side.

"Is he behind me?" She mouthed, as all three girls slowly nodded their heads. Taking a breath, Cash turned around.

Tom Holland was miles taller than she'd imagined him to be, standing around 3 or 4 inches above her which instead made him the more intimidating of the two. He was also a lot prettier than her friends had made him out to be. I mean she'd just spent two hours looking directly at his face in HD, but it did not do him any justice.

Zendaya coughed from behind her, halting her inner monologue as she opened her mouth to speak, "hey!"

Hey? That's all she could muster up? Hey? She could've gone with something more elaborate like 'oh Tom I didn't see you there, amazing movie' or 'wow you're prettier than you are in HD', but instead her mind decided to go completely blank.

"Hello! It's nice to actually see you rather than just liking your instagrams," he spoke, but his face soon dropped, "not that I don't like liking your instagrams because obviously I wouldn't like them if I didn't actually like them! I mean-"

A laugh from behind Tom stopped his inner monologue from word vomiting the rest of his thoughts out onto Cash Downey's dress. He could've been smooth and told her she looked beautiful, but then had he told he she was beautiful too many times that it didn't mean anything? He could've just said hey back, but then he'd just have felt as stupid as she did.

"What he means to say is you look beautiful," Harrison cut his bestfriend off, "and it's lovely to meet you - I'm Harrison, spiderboy's best friend."

Cash smiled and held her hand out for him to shake, but he ended up just pulling her into a hug.

"It's spiderman," Tom huffed under his breath as his bestfriend embarrassed him in front of the group, "but whatever."

"Is it weird that I feel like I know you without knowing you?" Liz stood up and spoke to Harrison, their many Instagram interactions creating somewhat of an understanding between the two of them.

"When you say it like that, yeah - stupid!" Casey laughed, elbowing her best friend in the side before introducing herself, "I'm Casey, nice to meet you guys!"

Urgh. Casey was always good in these situations, Cash thought to herself. Ever since high school she's always been the peppy one that could talk to anyone. Why can't you be like that? Zendaya's voice took Cash out of her thoughts.

"Oh, it's the others!" She called, "why don't we go and get the party started and leave these two to chat, hmmm?"

Liz stood once again and raised her hands high in the air, a grin covering her face, "finally! The actual party part! It's not like I've been waiting all night!"

Casey chuckled and led her to the after party she'd so been looking forward to, introducing them both to the rest of the cast along the way.