Understanding

Small disclaimer: this story is purely my imagination and interpretation of the characters. this chap is a little intense. I have written it because I have a somewhat similar experience and it's helping me figure out some things as I write. I thank you all for giving it a chance and reading it. And the reason for the delay is because this chapter was hard for me to write, I kept putting it off lol. Let me know your 'unsaid thoughts' ;) 
Thank you,
S

Kuhu
I came downstairs to get some water when I saw Abir bro looking for something.

"Abir bro? What are you looking for? Should I get you something?", I asked curiously. 

"I'm not sure if you caught on yet Bro, but here at the Rajvansh Sadan we believe that the way to the heart is through the stomach", he said to me ever so enthusiastically. 

"Acha.. toh kuch banane ki koshish hai ye.." (Oh, you're trying to make something)

"Oh hello Ms. Curly Haired bro, sirf koshish nahi hai! (I'm not just trying) it'll get done okay? I just need some assistance from youtube", he said cheekily  pulling out his phone.

"Main help Karu? I can help you bake some chocolate cake! That's what I usually make when I know Mishti is upset with me", I gave him a big toothy smile eager to help out. 

He looked over at me desperately and gave a big nod in yes. 
We started out and after one hour and some hard mixing and almost burning my arm later, I looked at the beautiful chocolate cake in front of me. It smelled too good. No way Mishti will stay mad after this, I thought proudly. 

"Wa la! Our Hashtag Mishti patch-up cake done! Haye what a beautiful cake! I have a take a picture of this", I said taking multiple shots to post on my Instagram. 
Abir bro was looking at me curiously with mischief in his eyes. 
"Why don't you take it to her?", he said to me.

I looked at him with widened eyes, "What? No way, this is your patch up cake. You have to take it to her", I insisted. But Abir bro wasn't taking a no for an answer. 

"But I insist, and anyway you did most of the work aur chocolate cake ka idea bhi tumhara tha(The chocolate cake was also your idea), "I think she would really like it if you brought it to her", he added.

"You think so?", As my eyes almost gleamed at him. This would also give me a chance to talk to her. Maybe I should take it to her. I finally gave in and said "Okay!". 

Before leaving the kitchen, I looked back at her and said "Thank you bro", to which he said "Anytime". 
I walked into their room to find Mishti asleep. 

Should I stay and wait or just come back later? I looked at her sleeping figure and realized how I tired I was too. When did I last sleep this peacefully? I sat down on the bed and decided to wait.

Mishti
I felt something moving on the bed. Slowly I opened my eyes to find Kuhu sitting here.
"Kuhu?", I said almost confused to see her. 

"Um, sorry if I woke you. I was going to wait for you to wake up but I forgot what a light sleeper you are", she said looking down.

"It's okay.. I'm not sleepy anymore and I think my headache is gone too", I said thinking out loud, "whatcha got there?", I said looking at the plate in her hand.
"So Abir bro and I made you some chocolate cake. I told him he should be the one to take it to you but he insisted I do it. I can leave if you want".