-----

"Uriel, I'm here what did you need?" I swung open the door, calling out to my brother.

"It's okay, Will is harmless. He cried once when he stepped on a caterpillar." Uriel spoke to someone in a soft voice, I didn't even know he was able to produce such a tone. Wait a minute.

"Hey, you swore you'd never bring that up. I made brownies for you remember? The betrayal...the hurt...Uriel you're a traitor!" I yelled out.

A small sniff before a broken laugh came from behind Uriel.

He stood up and moved to the side revealing a small figure sitting behind him. She was clothed in a full sleeve top and jeans. In the middle of summer. Colorado's summer. Her long wavy hair fell over her shoulders and came tumbling down.

She had a hand pressed to her mouth; she was trying to suppress the sounds coming out from her mouth as she cried. Tears that slowly coursed down her cheeks.

I looked to Uriel for confirmation and he nodded before subtly tilting his head towards her.

I moved forward slowly.

I tentatively brought a hand up but immediately lowered it when I noticed the imperceptible flinch that wracked her whole body. No physical contact.

"Hey I'm Will. I like being a couch potato and eating cookies with milk." Heart lightening at the soft almost silent giggle that interrupted her crying.

I smiled wryly at her, looking down at her withdrawn figure.

I could sense she needed help, but more than that she needed someone she could trust, confide in. And I was gonna be that person for her.

"Well friend. Let's go get some cookies." I suggested, grinning when she slowly stood up.

Oh, she was tiny. My tall frame towered over hers. She brought out my instincts to just...snuggle. Despite the fatigue and weariness in her eyes, there was a spark of life in them.

She wasn't ready to give up. And neither was I.

----

Will suddenly shook his head.

"I'm not letting anything happen to her Trace. None of us are." He vowed.

"The boys are on their way back to the apartment. I've informed Binnie but who knows how they'll react. I'm gonna head over to calm the situation. The last thing we need is them acting reckless." Vick said entering the room having just gotten off the call with one of their managers, Seijin, I presume before heading to the door.

We turned our head back towards the screen, the blinking red light slowly moving as (Y/N)'s location changed our eyes not ready to leave it until we had a fixed location.

UNKNOWN POV:

I swung her body up into my arms, heart settling at having her in them again. I placed her onto the back seats settling her down gently and leaning over to stroke her hair back from her face. Her face was blank, expressionless.

Don't worry love, I'll make that face expressive. With pleasure. But what's a little pleasure, without a little pain? I thought before closing the door and getting into the driver seat driving us back home.

I got out the car after parking, opening the door to sweep her into my arms and carry her to my, no...our apartment. I quickly entered, shutting the door behind me before setting off towards the bedroom to set her down onto the white silk sheets.