Chapter 2: boarding, meeting and falling

“Flight 139 to Ireland is now boarding” the lady over the speaker said, just as everyone made a mad run to the gate to board the plane. It was insane everyone was insane I lost my dad and step mum in the made run I don’t see what the big problem was it’s not like you’re not going to get on the plane. Suddenly I got knocked to the ground. The next thing I knew I was on the ground my eyes slowly opening to see a beautiful dirty blond haired, bright ocean blue eyed boy hunched over my small body with a worried look on his face.

 “Are you okay” the boy asks worry and anxiousness clear in his voice.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine” I say a little confused, holding my by now pounding head while trying to get up.

“No, no I don’t think that is such a good idea” the boy said easing me back onto the ground.

“No I have to go, I have to catch my plane I’m moving to Ireland with my with my dad and his new girlfriend so I can’t miss my flight” I say with a hint of anger in my voice which was not intended, while still trying to resist being on the ground. I hated people man handling me but this boy was different, his ocean blue eyes looked deep into my ugly blue eyes with a yellow ring on the inside, causing me to calm down and do as he says.

 “It’s ok I’m on the same plane now do you know your name, or your parents name” His voice softened as he asked me.

“My name is Cara-Leigh” I say a bit louder than a whisper still stuck in his eyes.

His face widens into a small smile when I tell him my name with his eyes sparkling even more make it almost impossible to look away, after a while of him staring at me he  realises that he has not told me his name

“M-My name is Ni-Niall” he staters a little shyly but not taking his eyes off mine.

“Oi jab it in Niall” a slightly taller man with light blue eyes almost grey and straight brown hair that is perfectly swept across his face said loudly high pitched but still in a way jokingly. Niall almost straight away shot him a glare before turning back to me with bright red checks.

“Sorry my friend here Louis is a bit of a child… all the time” Niall say’s with embarrassment clear in his voice even though he was trying to hide it, I laughed at the last bit.

“Yeah well… I’m, I’m proud of it so nahh” the boy I now know as Louis said while sticking his tong out at the end which made me laugh even more causing me to grip my head in pain.

“So um what are we going to do about her head” Louis asks in curiosity but strangely no joking around in his voice this time, he was completely serious.

“What about my head?!” I ask worried removing my hand from my head only to discover that there was fresh blood on my hand.  My eyes widened and my mouth started to open I was so confused how could a little bump on the head and a little fall make my head bleed.

A worried look passed through Niall’s eyes and he started to bite his lip, he suddenly tilted his head upward and called out to one of the Qantas ladies and asked her if she could get a damp cloth, some pain killers and a glass of water. The lady looked of at him with a confused expression on her face but then she saw me under him and quickly ran off. The lady returned moments later with what Niall had asked for.  The only thing that was going through my mind is how have we not missed our flight to Ireland, why did he care about me so much and where is my dad has he not noticed that I’m not with him. Oh of course not ever since mum died from cancer and he found Jackie I have always been the third wheel. If he has noticed he probably doesn’t care or is raging with annoyance that I am not with him but it probably hasn’t even occurred to him that I may be hurt. The thought of my dad not caring brings a tear to my eyes.