15: Suffering for a suprise

Start from the beginning

Mew just stood there trying to organize all his thoughts. They had only recently reconciled after a big fight and now they fought again when this trip was supposed to be his suprise reward for Gulf after their fight and stressful exams. Mew didn't know what to do now and he was hoping that Gulf will be back soon so he could explain the situation Gulf witnessed earlier.

Gulf headed to the rooftop area and sat down on the bench. He was confused by everything that just happened. He knew he went a bit overboard but he was so curious as to what Mew was doing with those guys and the fact that Mew kept hiding it from him got on his nerves. At the same time though, he didn't want to stay mad at Mew for too long, yet the jealousy and curiosity kept interrupting his thoughts.

Mew had fallen asleep on the floor near the bed while waiting for Gulf. Gulf returned after approximately 3 hours and the sound of the door opening woke Mew right away.

"Gulf..." Mew said as he tried to hold Gulf's arm, but the latter dodged mew and headed straight to bed.

"Gulf, It's fine if you don't want to talk to me but let's go eat dinner please. You haven't had anything since morning cause you slept during lunch" Mew said with concern.

"I'm not hungry"

"No Gulf, I don't care whether your hungry or not cause your stomach needs to be filled either way. I don't want you to faint due to lack of nutrients like last time."

"Why? Is it a bother to take care of me when I'm sick?"

"Gulf...you know I care about you more than anyone. How could you say that?" Mew asked feeling deeply hurt by Gulf's sharp words. He knew Gulf was just saying things on purpose to make him angry but it still hurt to hear those words coming out from his lover's mouth.

"Hmmmm, ok I'm sorry, I was being too harsh" Gulf said quickly as he saw Mew was hurt. "I'll eat"

That made Mew smile again

"But I'm eating alone" Gulf said, causing Mew's smile to vanish.

"Gulfffff, don't be mad at me anymore pleaseee" mew begged.

"Fine. Then tell me what you guys were discussing back then!" Gulf said.

"Gulf, why are you so keen to know about that?"

"See? You can't even tell me that. Your hiding something from me and I hate that phi" Gulf exclaimed and headed off to the restaurant alone.

Mew decided to follow him anyways. Gulf sat in a table for one person. Mew sat a few tables away from Gulf but directly in front of him so that Mew could witness whether Gulf was eating properly.

Gulf ordered first. He just opened the menu and skimmed through the food and chose one that looked pretty. Normally if Mew was with him, he would be the one ordering for Gulf, and he would take ages looking at each and every ingredient used for each dish. Gulf wasn't bothered so he just picked the dish at the top of the menu which seemed delicious and ordered one each for him and Mew.

The same waiter headed towards Mew.

Mew looked at the menu and murmured "hmmm I would like..."
But before Mew could make up his mind, the waiter interpreted him.

"Excuse me sir but that man over there already ordered you the same meal as his."
Mew looked at Gulf in confusion but a smile came across his face when he realized that Gulf is not as mad anymore.

Mew just stared at his Gulf the entire time while waiting for the food. He was also hoping that Gulf would stop being mad once the latter witnessed the suprise he planned for them.

When the food arrived Gulf started taking pictures. On the other hand Mew dug in right away and was chewing happily until he realised something and stopped.

He quickly called the waiter over and asked him, "Does this dish contain any seafood by any chance?"

"Yes sir, it contains a few shrimp in it"

"Shit Gulf." He thought to himself and ran upto Gulf who was about to eat the content.

"Gulf don't eat it" Mew screamed and tossed away the spoon containing the food that was almost in Gulf's mouth, onto the floor. Alot of people turned towards them to see the commotion.

Gulf got up from his seat.
"What the hell Phi!? What did you do that for? Everyone is staring at us! Urgh just get out of here!" Gulf yelled so that only Mew could hear.

"The dish you ordered...it had shrimps in it. You can't eat that, you might die." Mew revealed which made Gulf's eyeballs enlarge in shock.

"I'm sorry for creating a commotion, I'll get lost if you want me to" Mew continued as tears unknowingly dropped from his eyes. Then he left and headed towards the elevator as fast as he could.

Gulf was too shocked to do anything for a while. He made Mew cry, and he felt so bad right now cause even though Gulf had been mad at him, Mew cared so much for him.

He quickly ran off to catch Mew. He saw Mew's sad, hunched figure in front of the elevator and ran and gave him a back hug. Gulf placed his head on Mew's shoulders and held onto the latter's waist tightly.

"I'm sorry. Don't leave. I'm so sorry" Gulf whispered sincerely into Mew's ears.

Mew didn't respond and kept releasing tears from his eyes.

"Phi I'm sorry. Please don't cry. I was being a dick. I'm so sorry for acting that way. I know you care about me. Please forgive me. Phi please talk to me..." Gulf continued.

Mew turned around and faced Gulf. "I forgive you, but only if you forgive me too".

Gulf nodded happily in response and kissed Mew's cheek. "Let's go up."

When they opened the door to their room, Gulf was suprised. The room was dark but there were hundreds of candles everywhere lighting it up. The candles sparkled like stars in the night sky. The room smelt of roses and there were a pathway of rose petals starting from the door. Gulf was so happy and overwhelmed he started sobbing.

"I love you Gulf" Mew whispered as he wiped away Gulf's tears.

"Phi...this is so beautiful" Gulf said while sucking in every little decoration in the room.

"I remember you telling me that you really wanted to have a candle lit room once, so I prepared this for you. That's why I couldn't tell you what I was talking about with those guys. It would've sort of ruined my plan."

"You could've told me who they were though, so I wouldn't misunderstand."

"I did remember, but someone decided not to listen to me. The guy you said who was holding my waist. That is my cousin, I'm really close to him so we are sort of intimate. But you misunderstood without listening to my explanation" Mew reminded Gulf, making a pouty face.

"Ah...I'm sorry. I feel like I always get mad at you without listening to you. You prepared all this for me but I just got mad at you. I'm sorry. I won't do it again phi, forgive me naa. And next time don't plan more suprises behind my back, I feel like you just suffered cause of it." Gulf said with a cute face.

Mew just picked Gulf up bridal style as an response.

"Phi...what are you doing?"

"Hmm I'm punishing you" Mew replied and carried Gulf towards the bathroom.

He stripped Gulf naked and placed him in the bath tub that was full of rose petals, and Mew himself took off his clothes and joined.

𝑻𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆𝒅...