CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

"DON'T TELL me you're scared of heights,"

Zoro looked over his shoulder to glance at Law, who was breathing heavily and apparently ignoring his remarks. The hat-wearing huntsman had his large katana on one shoulder as he continued to walk, following the woman in front of them. Robin was analysing where they were and ultimately, she found something more interesting.

"Is that..."

They soon climbed into the Carrack-type ship, still surprised that it survived a fall from that height. It was the Thousand Sunny after all, which was made by Franky, so if ever the ship breaks easily the blame would be on him. Or at least that's what Zoro was thinking. Robin immediately checked inside the rooms if anybody was there. The swordsman hummed. "Any luck?"

She shook her head. "There must be a place nearby..."

"There's...no way we'd end up in the same island...Nico-ya," Law declared. He created a ROOM, engulfing themselves and the Sunny inside, before doing a 'Takt' and when the ship was launched into the air, "Shambles."

The ship fell on the waters, near a shore, where the ground was made from chocolate. Zoro and Robin grabbed hold onto the nearest object to them as the ship rocked back and forth, while Law had healed himself up. Zoro had gazed across the horizon to see anything out of the ordinary but luckily, all he saw was the continuous waves and the glimmering sun by the line.

"So, what now?" Zoro raised an eyebrow at Law as he slumped himself down the ground, leaning at the foremast. "Should we stay here or should we go head to the town?"

"If we assume someone else is here in the island with us, then maybe we should." the archaeologist cupped her chin and glanced over at Law. "What do you think?"

Law pursed his lips. "One of us should at least stay in the ship..."

Zoro raised an arm, "I'll do it. I could use some nap." He then headed to drop an anchor down, just in case.

"Alright," the other swordsman retorted and Robin climbed down the ship with him following behind.

It wasn't long until they were in the middle of a forest, where she noticed a silhouette of a cabin in front of them. She pointed at it and they decided to check it out.

Law grimaced. "Is this...molten sugar?"

They peeked through the windows and saw five figures inside. The glass weren't cear so they had no way to identify who those five people were. Luckily, Robin's devil fruit saved them the trouble of breaking in a ginger bread house. She crossed her arms on her chest, making an 'X' with them, and closed her eyes. On the other side of the glass emerged an eye; one of the things she could do with her efficient devil fruit. Upon recognising two of the people inside, she gasped and opened her eyes.

"It's them,"

Law blinked. "Who?"

"Luffy and Nami," she swiftly replied. "and three other people."

~~~

"HM?"

Koala turned to the windows though finding nothing but the stained glass made from molten sugar. Supposed that they were alone, Sabo shot a sideward glance at his colleague. Ace, on the other hand, was busy teasing Nami with the ever innocent Luffy.

The door flung open, and it was thanks to a force exerted by a certain doctor who was outside along with a certain archaeologist of a certain crew. "P-Pardon the intrusion..."

"Torao!!" Luffy cheered and his eyes went past him. "Robin!!"

Nami breathed in relief as she ran up to Robin, nodding at Law in the the process. Somehow she felt safe now that it's not just Luffy and her in the island, though that whole fact was way too suspicious. But of course, nevermind that, Nami had already welcomed the what could be a threat to them with open arms.

"I'm glad you two are here," she exclaimed.

Robin looked at her. "Zoro is with us, too, but he chose to stay at the Sunny." Nobody would want the stray swordsman with them, not even Robin and not to mention their ally Law.

Ace, Sabo, and Koala looked at the four of them with confused gazes. The blonde one did the initiative of asking them what happened, which Robin answered swiftly.

"WHAT?!" Ace exclaimed, much to Koala's surprise.

"Yeah, we were attacked by an airship...and the captain seemed to be working for the queen." Nami added.

Sabo and Koala exchanged glances. They had to be moving soon, because they were only sent in the island for a mission but after learning about the recent event (that involved his brother), Sabo had decided to head back to their headquarters to report. Koala agreed and it wasn't long until they were bidding everybody else farewell.

Luffy grimaced. "You're leaving?"

"We got work to do," Sabo emphatically retorted and gave Luffy a pat on the head. "I'm sure Ace can take care of the lot of you?"

Ace flinched. "Yeah, yeah but -"

"Everybody hide!" Koala exclaimed and everyone dropped on their fours, even Law.

"What's wrong?"

"Brulee's here," she replied quietly, inching close to Sabo.

"Shit!" Sabo cussed as he hid behind something. "What do we do?"

"Well, we happened to know something about the queen..."

An idea came to Law's head. "ROOM!" An invisible dome engulfed them and he soon apport themselves with a couple of rocks and twigs in the woods. Nami found herself on a bush while Robin was on the ground, along with Luffy. Ace, Sabo, and Koala turned to Law once more and blinked in surprise.

"You ate the Ope Ope no Mi..." Sabo pointed out.

True. It was one of the reasons why Law was also pursued by the queen, but not as much as Nami. He had eaten the legendary devil fruit that would give a person eternal life. This just much was enough for them to deduce that the queen was also after becoming an immortal, and Law knew very well that he wouldn't do such thing. Not when he also knew that his life would be the price to pay.

The remaining Strawhats settled down as Sabo presented them with a plan. "Okay. I think this would be goodbye, but before that -"

"You're leaving, still?" Luffy grimaced.

"Sorry, Luffy..." the blonde one replied. "anyway, Koala and I will then head back to the revs while Ace..."

"Yeah?" the freckled, muscular guy replied.

"I think it would be best if you stay with them for a while,"

After they bid their goodbyes, Sabo and Koala walked off to one direction while the others were left wondering about their current whereabouts. Hoping it would be a help, Nami glanced at her Log Pose only to be dismayed. If only she had a map.

"So," Ace huffed. "what now?"

"Torao, can you take us to the ship?" Nami suggested. "It might be better to regroup there than here."

"Say less,"

And they were on the Sunny. Robin set her eyes on the sleeping Zoro by the deck, who was still unbothered by their sudden appeareance. Ace wandered his eyes out and about as he also stepped towards the foremast. "Nice ship you got here Luffy."

He laughed. "Of course!"

=======

A/N: HELLO! AGAIN, SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE. SOMETHING CAME UP AND I DIDN'T HAVE TIME, BUT LUCKILY I SNEAKED MY WAY TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER. I BET THE PAST CHAPTERS (AND THIS ONE) ARE BORING. THAT'S IT FOR THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE...AND I HOPE YOU'RE STILL ENJOYING THE STORY!