7 - Piece of Cake

People become shy because of their insecurities.

People become shy because of what others think about them.

People become shy because they can't stand up for themselves.

People become shy because they feel lonely.

But they become comfortable around those they trust.

Around those with positivity.

They change their actions depending on who they're with.

And as they grow with them, they become confident and will soon act the same to everyone else.

Bruno helped Y/N, a complete stranger and treated her, bought clothes for her, and gave her a place to stay. He cared for her like his own daughter.

Narancia always made Y/N smile. He would give a random joke and hang out around her. He loved the fact that she grew comfortable around him.

Mista would usually make Y/N feel good about herself, despite the fact that those were flirts. Y/N, being one who would never get flirted by, would ignore them, but soon realized those were truly meant for her.

Fugo would sometimes give Y/N space. Sometimes they would just sit together, giving off comfortable silence. It was peaceful.

Leone would just often drink wine around her. Not like she didn't mind, she didn't expect much from him. But rarely, he would strike up a conversation, such as "When's your birthday?" or "What's your hobby?".

March 2. It's been a week now.

Y/N finally stopped stuttering, but would still sit in silence around the others.

For Y/N, this was new to her.

She only really had 2 or 3 close friends, friends that would sometimes be with her.

They would only think about themselves, and apologize to Y/N for "not including her".

She found out they were toxic. They never cared about her in the first place.

It was hard, but she finally dropped them.

She regretted that, and her 'friends' would often make rumours about her.

Y/N's only source of happiness was anime.

Recently, JoJo's Bizarre adventure.

Other than that, she would have some Discord friends that would make her laugh.

But they've been unusually offline recently.

What happened?

~•~

A week. It's been a week.

Like you saw, Y/N has finally stopped stuttering.

And Y/N's phone? Only the screen protector was cracked.

Narancia would shower Y/N every day since the incident with "I'm sorry!"'s, which Y/N quickly forgave.

Though, she was a bit angry. It was the only source of fun and communication for her other than what they had in Bruno's house.

"Y/N, once you're ready, you'll have to join Passione", Bruno's words echoed in Y/N's head.

And when will that be? She doesn't have enough confidence to even have a one-on-one conversation with another person, much less talking to a Capo in a cell.

The female shuddered.

If only she could do something about her overall personality.

"Oi Y/N!", a voice broke the girl's thoughts.