John Marston x Fem!Reader

Start from the beginning

   Her fight was futile as one the ropes length was almost nothing she was grabbed in a bear hug by man in a blue button up to contain her while her arms were tied tightly against her sides by a tanned man with two large scars across the side of his face. If it wasn't for her fear she would've stopped to admire the man, but her dread overpowered her brain. She squirmed and jumped around trying to loosen his grip but it was no use. She yelled and screamed, attempting to get any type of attention from passerby's, not doubting her ability to make her possible hero think she was merely a innocent person being subjected to a kidnapping.

"I'll do anything, let me go for fucks sake! I did nothing, I know nothing!"

   Another man wearing a red vest groaned.

"Make her shut up would ya!"

   A hesitant yet blunt hit to the back of her head from the butt of the blue shirted man made her go limp. The scarred man finished tying their prisoner, along with tying her ankles before putting her on the back of his horse. The Van Der Linde gang quickly left towards their Lemoyne hideout. Hoping the woman's screams didn't attract any unwanted attention.

Time Skip :
One Day Later
4:23 PM
Lemoyne Hideout

   The woman's eyes slowly opened, squinting as a headache showed itself in the back of her head. She groaned and quickly noticed her body was still despite her attempts of moving. The flood of memories of before she was knocked out rushed to her head as she jerked her head up. Her hair which was previously tied back into a neat braid, now messy and some of her hair covering her eyes, Blocking her vision a small amount. She took advantage of no one noticing her consciousness yet to take in her surroundings. It wasn't hard to realize she was tied against a tree, the rough bark scratching and making the back of her arms itch.

Before she could continue her visual exploring the man in a vest from before showed up, the scarred man and the one who restrained her following beside him. Fuck, they were scary. She curled her hands into fists, ignoring the pain of her nails digging into her palms. She shifted her weight leg to leg, showing how anxious and scared she was. Also noticing the scar faced man let out a deep chuckled.

"Hey now, no need to tremble. We treat ladies here with respect." Said the vest wearing man.

"I'm Dutch, this is Author and this and John." He held his hands out to gesture at the men as he introduced them.

   Fuck, the Van der Linde gang? Of course the once I get caught up in the gang war I'm the one whose kidnapped. I hope they kill me quick. Maybe a shot in the temple. What if they throw me in the river and let me drown, or feed me alive to the gators.

   Y/N's thoughts ran wild as she ignored Dutch who continued his speech.

"I know nothing you want! That was the first time I ever went with them on a robbery! I swear, I'm not lying! Just let me go I won't-!"

   The woman stopped talking as John pulled his revolver out at pointed it at her, glaring. She let out a choked sob as warm tears fell down her cheeks, ones she previously didn't even know she was making.

"No need to get aggressive now John! Put that thing away! The poor girls probably just scared! For Christ's sake man!" Arthur yelled at the other man.

   He grunted and out his weapon back into his holster before Dutch walked over and pulled out his dagger. Y/N's trembling got worse, before Dutch did the opposite of what she was expecting and instead cut the ropes keeping her against the tree. She almost immediately fell to her knees, since she hadn't moved them in a while. Dutch crouched down and grabbed her chin to make her look him in the face.

"Now, we'll have eyes on you, so don't try anything darlin'." He stood," John, my boy! You're in charge of showing her around, then hand her off to Ms.Grimshaw.

   The said man groaned but nodded at him. Grabbing her upper arm and pulling her up before releasing his tight grip and walking with her into the area where everyone gathered.

Time Skip:
A Week Later
9:52 AM
Valentine Plains

   Y/N sat quietly on the back of John's horse, surveying the area. She sighed in defeat, only seeing deer, wild horses and a few buffalo in the far distance. Recognizing the dark brown blurs contrasting with the yellow and green fields.

"Ya know-"

"If we didn't attack your gang we wouldn't be out here. Yea I got it, you've said it all the way from camp." John interrupted.

   She scoffed but said nothing back. Instead she just continued to look for her beloved horse. She knew the chances of him escaping that mud and gator filled swamp was slim she didn't want to believe it. The two had been looking for what seemed like days. They set up camp for a couple days with the promise of returning to camp the next day, but with Y/N constantly swearing she saw her horse somewhere the opposite way they had to go John gave in and kept looking. Once they reached where her previous gangs camp was she jumped off his horse and began to look around, while John stayed on his horse.

Y/N searched, hoping to find anything as a sign her beloved horse had returned and was alive. Seeing nothing she sighed and quickly wiped away a tear beginning to form under her eyes, sniffling before returning to John. Without any words she hopped on the horse, John, who understood what she was thinking, began to head back to camp. She rested her head against his back, giving up on any attempts and hopes of finding her horse.

By the time they reached camp numbness filled her brain as she was heading towards her tent. The sudden neigh and quick sound of hooves moving towards her caught her attention as she looked up. Seeing her loyal companion made her squeal like a school girl and run over to the big horse, hugging its neck as it nodded its head happily. John smiled as he got off his horse, Kieran rushing over to take off its saddle and care for the newly returned horse.

"I noticed him before we left and told Arthur to bring back here. Decided to mess with ya a bit." He chuckled.

Y/N sniffles and rushed over, punching his chest weakly as she wiped her eyes.

"You dick! I thought he was dead!"

The horse whinnied, seeming to argue with that statement. Y/N sighed happily as she lead her horse over to the others who all ate the grass below them. One arm rested under the horses neck while he grazed as she rested her head against his neck. John walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders and leaned his head down to her ear.

"You can thank me later."

He placed a kiss on her cheek before chuckling and walking off. Leaving her blushing, a hand on her cheek. Kieran standing there laughing at her while her horse had not a care in the world.

——————————
1865 words
Also for this one y'all can decide if you want him to still be married to Abigail or if she left him to live a safer life with jack.

——————————1865 wordsAlso for this one y'all can decide if you want him to still be married to Abigail or if she left him to live a safer life with jack