Bonus Chapter

HEY GUYS!!! HEY GUYS!!! LOOK AT WHAT IT IS!!!

Yeah so it's like 4 AM here and I've just procrastinated a lot and I have finals next week hahahahahahahh so naturally I decided to write a Camera oneshot! This is also kind of an apology for being so MIA over the last few months so yeah. It's really not my best work haha. And I used one of my real life friends as a character just for fun so yeah - Colin is real. Very real. 

anyway, enjoy this last bit of Luya. <3 

--------------------------------------------

Maya Sumedh

“You stupid piece of white trash.”

 My phone slipped dangerously between my ear and my shoulder.

“Ma’am...if you could just...”

“Sorry,” I mumbled, edging out of the way of a nervous-looking airport security official trying to snake his way through the crowd emerging from my flight. I redirected my attention to the phone call, on the other end of which my boyfriend was trying to make desperate attempts at emotional reparation.

 “See, when you call me white trash you’re this edgy, foul-mouthed Indian chick but when I call you my chocolate bunny I’m suddenly a racist shithead?”

 “Now you’re just trying to push my buttons,” I said hotly, ignoring how nice it was to hear his voice for the first time in four days.

 “Oh, I know how to push your buttons.”

 LA sunshine blinded me as I emerged into the air tunnel that took me into LAX and I scowled.

 “Jesus, it’s bright out.”

 “It’s definitely a change from Boston up here,” Luke agreed.

 Heads bobbed in front and behind me, all on the phone, and I suddenly felt even more depressed at the prospect of having to Uber all the way up to Berkeley. I had been looking forward to seeing Luke come get me at LAX for our last romp to celebrate the last winter break of our college careers, which we were going to spend on a road trip around California. At the moment, Luke was up in Berkeley visiting a friend, and had said he would come to LA to get me, but the friend chose the wrong time to fall down two flights of stairs whilst drunk, which was why Luke was in the ER at 11 AM on a Monday morning instead of here, picking me up.

 “Babe,” he said, after I was silent for a few seconds, “I’m sorry, but there’s really nothing I can do. Jamie said she’d come down in a while but she’s not here yet and I can’t just leave Hannah here. Plus, I’d need to take her car and I have no idea where her keys are.”

 “I know,” I mumbled, trying to find my baggage collection belt. “I’m just not looking forward to shelling out sixty dollars for an Uber.”

 “You could always hitch a ride with Colin.”

 “Our racist friend from Irvine? No thanks.”

 “Maya, you love Colin and you know it.”

 Colin was your average boaters-and-khakis, blonde white boy with a rap-filled Spotify Premium and entitled opinions that grew in a wealthy gated community. Luke and I met him first at an MUN at UCLA, which was where he was an Economics major, and we loved/hated each other at first interaction. Two years into the relationship, and I still didn’t know where I stood on him.

 “I suppose he would be better than my wallet being sixty dollars lighter.”

“Call him.”