Chapter 7

Luna's POV

      "What are you doing here? I thought it was Kagome's week to let you off?" Inuyasha asked. 

     "She has a date Saturday, besides I don't want her here. It's dangerous and she can't defend herself like I can." I said and looked at him, slightly annoyed. Did he want my sister here more than me? 

     "I don't care, I prefer you anyhow. Like you said, you can defend yourself better than she can." He said and shrugged. 

    We headed out, taking a boat and I looked around, admiring the scenery. 

     "Hey, where did all these webs come from?" I asked, noticing the spider webs everywhere. Suddenly a young girl fell off the cliff but Inuyasha caught her. At first she thanked him but then noticed he was a demon and hit him in the head, causing them both to fall into the river. After getting them out she introduced herself as Nazuna and told us of the spider head demons that were attacking the nearby villages. 

     "We should help them." I said, looking at Inuyasha but he started acting odd, giving excuses as to why we couldn't and shouldn't. 

     "There could be jewel shards with these Demons Inuyasha." I said and that was enough to convince him. Nazuna climbed onto his back and then he swept his arms under me and held me securely to his chest. I felt my face heat up and I smiled faintly. 

     We arrived at the Temple where a priest greeted us and insisted we stay. Inuyasha tried to protest but we ultimately decided to stay. 

      Later in the night Inuyasha was looking out at the sky and I sighed. 

    "Why are you acting so oddly Inuyasha?" I asked him and he grunted. 

    "Maybe he's afraid of spiders." Shippo said and turned into a spider which caused Inuyasha to hit him over the head and stand in annoyance. He went to walk out but then we noticed we were surrounded despite the seals the priest said he had placed. Inuyasha drew his sword but it didn't transform and as we were attacked it didn't leave even a scratch on the demon. It shot a web over him but Shippo saved him with his fox fire and we ran into the forest. 

     I gently removed the webs from Inuyasha's head and noticed his hair was now black and his ears were gone. 

     "I'm no help in my human form." He said and I sighed. Myoga showed up and explained what was happening. 

     "Why didn't you tell me? If I had known I wouldn't have insisted we help." I said, hurt that he hadn't trusted me with this knowledge. 

     "It's been just me for so long that I just learned not to trust anyone else." He said and I sighed again. 

     "Well you can trust me." I said and then rustling caught our attention. 

    "You guys must come with me to aid the priest." She said and Inuyasha declined. 

    "Well my bag is still in there." I said, remembering the shards were still in the bag. 

     "Then you can get a new one." He said and I frowned.

    "The shards are in my bag." I said and he was clearly irritated. He thrust the swords sheath at me and told me it would protect me before we made our way back to the temple. 

      Once there we were greeted with the 'priest' going through my bag and Inuyasha threw wooden pillars at him.  Shippo managed to snag some of the shards but the spider head demon managed to get some as well, eating them. Suddenly he pinned Inuyasha to the wall and bit him and asked Shippo where the rest of the shards were. He pointed to a door but that didn't fool the demon.