Episode 12 - "Vicissitude"

Start from the beginning

MADISON
(truthful)
I just needed to leave the stadium for
a while, needed to escape.

MADISON looks at CHARLIE.

MADISON
(smiles)
And needed the company.

CHARLIE smiles at the fact that MADISON wants her along for the ride. She just puts the map away in the glove compartment and begins thinking.

CHARLIE
Could we maybe stop by my cabin?

MADISON looks at CHARLIE and gives a confirming nod.

EXT. OUTSIDE CHARLIE'S CABIN

MADISON and CHARLIE walk side by side, cautiously through the mud of the woods on route to the cabin. MADISON has her knife held tightly in her hand, as does CHARLIE.

CHARLIE points at her cabin in the near distance.

CHARLIE
(informing)
Over there.

MADISON walks on ahead and puts her arm out gently to stop CHARLIE from going ahead as they approach the front of the cabin.

MADISON
(orders)
Stay behind me.

CHARLIE does as she's told and holds her guard up with her knife, just like how JUNE taught her.

MADISON carefully opens the door, pushing it slowly. Nothing emerges from the inside so far so MADISON starts to slowly walk in, glazing her eyes cautiously in every direction for any threat whatsoever. CHARLIE follows very closely behind, almost touching her back.

The cabin ie damaged. All the furniture and accessories are either broken, thrown to the floor, or gone. The sofas are torn, the curtains are flung halfway across the room, the chest of draws are tipped over. Either past storms blitzed the place or someone has raided the place.

The sight made CHARLIE shed a tear, seeing her previous home in such a disastrous state.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps creaking from upstairs startles them both. In retaliation, MADISON'S head darts up the ceiling like a deer in headlights and she listens for any noticeable noises to determine how close to the stairs the intruder is.

MADISON looks back at CHARLIE and gestures for her to stay put.

MADISON
(mouths)
Stay put.

MADISON slowly creeps up the stairs, moving as slow as a snail, with her knife held tighter than ever. When she reaches the top, she creeps her head to the right, looking inside a room to see a person, a long, blond haired man, searching through some boxes with his back turned to MADISON.

MADISON slowly creeps over to the man and slams the handle of her knife onto his head, knocking him out instantly.

CHARLIE runs into the room after hearing the scuffle, ready to swing her knife, but she sighs with relief when she sees MADISON standing over the unconscious stranger.

MADISON turns him over and is intrigued by one distinct feature; the burn mark on the left side of his face.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

INT. CABIN (PAST)

ALEX places CHARLIE on the sofa inside the cabin as ALEX and MIKA look down to her.

ALEX
Are you okay?

CHARLIE
(tearful)
What happened?