The Ides of March // Part One

Start from the beginning

Tuesday

"Hey!" I greeted Felicity and Reggie as I walked into the former's apartment. She had been blowing my phone up all day and instead of texting her back, I figured it was easier to talk to her in person. "What's up with you guys?"

Felicity paused the show on the TV to look at me as she sat up from the cushions of the couch. "Uh, hello! I've been waiting on you all day to tell me what decision you've made!"

I rolled my eyes and sat down on her other side as Reggie leaned forward to start the show again. "You're impatient. I technically still have three weeks to make my decision."

Felicity yanked the remote out of Reggie's grasp and paused it once more as she faced me with an annoyed expression. "Savanna, I'm serious! You have major options on the table."

"I don't know!" I groaned in frustration as I flopped against the cushions. "I know I have a lot to consider, I just don't... I don't have the energy to think it all through."

Reggie looked over at me this time, clearly unamused in our petty arguing. "As much as I love hearing all your girl talk, I am trying to watch my show here." He reached for the remote a second time.

Felicity rolled her eyes and slapped him on the arm to keep his hand away. "Get over yourself, Reggie. There are more important matters at hand."

"More important than finding out who wins Dancing with the Stars? I think not, babe, give me that shit."

"Okay, you're clearly in the middle of something so I'm leaving." I slapped my hands against my thighs before standing up and making my way towards the door to head back to my place.

"Hey!" Felicity interrupted my departure as she stood up and kicked Reggie's legs to get out of the way. I waited for her to catch up to me and she handed me a paper. I gave her a puzzled look before unfolding it. "I know it's not ideal, but consider attending as a birthday present for me."

I skimmed the words to see a whole planned-out itinerary for a trip to Queens. I turned to look at her as she gave me a guilty smile. "Just think about it? Please? For me?"

I laughed and folded the paper back as it was before nodding. "Yes, I will think about it. Your poor brother is probably dreading my appearance."

She rolled her eyes and unlocked the door for me to leave. "Peter can shut up. Little nerd's always busy with something anyways so we'll barely see him. Figure out your college shit and if we're going by the next time I see you!"

"Ha! No promises."

--

Wednesday

"Hermosa."

"Savanna."

I sighed and closed the laptop that had been sitting in front of me to face the dark-haired girl that sat in the seat across. I folded my hands together and leaned forward. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

She set her purse next to her with a hum. "I wanted to talk to you, about Papi. I understand that your relationship with him is rocky, but I don't think he wants to worry about his health and what to fix with you."

"I'm sorry, are you suggesting I act like he never did anything wrong?" I questioned with a shrug. "Sorry, Hermosa, but just because Daddy's dying doesn't mean he deserves a clean slate after everything he's done."

"I'm not asking for a clean slate, Savanna," She clarified. "I'm just asking you to consider spending some time with him, one on one. He'd be happy to hear from you, especially since you aren't living in the Pembrooke alongside Veronica."