"Remember the days when it was just us? You, me, Robin, Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss Martian and Aqualad? Remember that one mission- we were on an island, investigating Guerrilla Gorilla. You and I fought crazed wolves and lizards side by side," he suddenly says.

"Of course I do. You got Wolf, I got Drazil and the other wolves. They were some of my favourite missions of all times. We were so young."

"It created a special bond between the seven of us, don't you think? We were- we are the originals. And I can't believe you'd all lie to me. Everyone knew but me. I thought we-"

He stops.

"Do you think it was easy for me?" I say, sitting on the edge of his bed. My back faces his. "Every time I imagined everyone finding out, all I could see was a replay of what happened when Dick found out I was Midnight. I hated it. And I- I am sorry. I promise I am already doing everything I can to get M'gann," I say, before walking away.

I finish cooking and Mal and Garfield wolf down the nachos. Conner comes along and eats as well.

~

A few days later, it was time.

"You ready?" I call out, putting my earrings on.

Dick walks into the bathroom and stands beside me in the mirror, straightening his tie. "This is so stupid," he mumbles, handing me my hair brush.

"As if you think that. You, Richard Grayson, are a show-pony. You love these things," I say, poking his arm.

Tonight, a ball is being held at Wayne Manor in celebration and promotion of the release of a few new products. Since Bruce Wayne is absolutely unwell, his eldest adoptive son Richard Grayson-Wayne and his company's president and chair Lucius Fox will be hosting.

"Maybe I like showing you off," he calls out as I walk into the living room, clad in my gown.

"Oh shush, no talking like that until after."

"Can't wait," he smirks, walking into the kitchen.

I pull my shoes on, glaring at him and trying to come up with something witty to say. As I finish fixing the second Louboutin on, something comes to mind.

"You know, I love that Daphne is making Jaime wear a bow-tie that matches her dress."

It's almost like thunder booms and lighting cracks. His expression goes from playful to demonic in a matter of seconds. The glass is slammed on the bench before he speaks.

"What do you mean Jaime?" He snaps.

"Misty and Tim of course are going together," I sing, putting things in my clutch.

"What do you mean Jaime?" He repeats.

"Oh c'mon. Her house. She's at the party. She gets a date."