"Oh, that," she replied. "Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. Oh and, do you mind if I ask my parents about your... problem? They might know more than we do."

"Oh? You'd do that? Thank you Biana!" She said as they giggled their way through the dining hall.

"I see you girls have been enjoying yourselves," Della said as she was placing their utensils.

She looked up and saw the both of them, looking quite proud. "Sophie! You look so gorgeous. You should dress up like that more often."

"I might pass on that. I kinda almost fell 5 times just going down the stairs," She laughed. "Wait, do I smell Custard Bursts?"

"That's right." Alden just walked into the dining area with Fitz. Fitz wore A white long sleeve with a grey coat on top. He also had a necktie, which makes Sophie miss the Forbidden Cities.

"Edaline kindly gave us some Custard Bursts because she said you might miss the taste in the amount of time they're away," Alden added.

"Yup, and they're right. So, should we eat?" She asked and they all sat down to show agreement.

The dinner was very delicious, and the conversation smoothly transitioned from "How's life?" to " Any love interests?" in a span of a few minutes.

"Fitz is already 18, and it might be best to ask for his first matchmaking scroll soon," Alden said nonchalantly. Fitz choked on his food and Sophie felt cold for a bit.

"Oh yeah, speaking of matchmaking scrolls..." Biana followed up after her father's words.

Is she gonna ask Alden here? Where Fitz might realize that they're talking about her? Sophie thought.

"You see, err, I know someone who got their matchmaking scroll, and she- I mean he was wondering why he got two number one's in his list. Is that like, bad?"

Sophie tried hard not to do a facepalm, knowing how obvious it sounds. Biana must've realized it too, because she started acting a bit jittery.

"He got two number one's? Sounds like the type of impossible Sophie would get," Della said, obviously having no deeper meaning in what she said.

But, the two were so nervous that even if it wasn't meant for them, they choked on their foods.

(During telephaty, their dialogues are italicized and I'll write their initials to know who is speaking)

Is Biana talking about you? -F

Crap. Sophie knew it. Fitz is not that dumb not to realize what's going on.

Biana, Fitz is asking me! I need a little help here! -S

Biana cleared her throat and said "Well, we were just talking about that," she pointed to herself and Sophie. "And guess what? We thought of the same thing!"

Her laugh was awkward, but it was better than silence.

What are you talking about? -S

You got your matchmaking scroll right? -F

Yeah, but it's requested by Grady. I actually have no idea who's in my list. When they opened it, they just looked at the scroll, at me, and back to the scroll a lot of times before looking at each other. -S

Then why was Keefe gonna ask you? He probably felt that you already knew. You know, based on your emotions. -F

Sophie doesn't have time to formulate lies in her head because Fitz can read them in a second. She took a custard burst for confidence boost before transmitting again.

It's probably because I felt, umm... worried? I mean, I never knew who was that on my list, and he probably thought I was worried because I don't like the person written as my number one. -S

So you're saying you like someone and wishing he was your number one. -F

Before Sophie could deny it, Alden had ctually answered Biana's question. "I'm not sure because I've never heard someone with that case, but I'll try investigating anyway."

"Thank, Dad! We'll never know, I might get something like that too," Biana said with another awkward laugh.

"Oh, me and Sophie are gonna go ahead. We have a lot of catching up to do," she quickly added.

"You always talk at Foxfire." Fitz argued.

"Oh? Are you saying I'm keeping her to myself?" She smirked at Fitz which made him blush.

"Ah, er, no." Fitz said softly.

"I didn't mean boring Foxfire stuff, I meant girl talk, like boys". She emphasized saying the last word which made the whole family look at them.

"Oh, dear Sophie. You have someone in your heart?" Della smiled.

"Ah." Sophie gulped, shooting Biana a look. "That... is something we'll talk about next time." Sophie said awkwardly. "Can I bring some of the Custard Bursts? Midnight snack," She added.

Of course, Della agreed, so after keeping around 5 custard bursts, she tugged Biana's arm and ran upstairs.

˜"*°•.˜"*°•♡•°*"˜.•°*"˜
FITZ'S POV
˜"*°•.˜"*°•♡•°*"˜.•°*"˜

After Biana and Sophie ran upstairs, Della and Alden cleaned up the dining table and Fitz also went back to his room. He loosened his tie before sitting at the edge of his bed.

Sophie really likes someone, huh.

The thought alone is killing him, more so if he finds out it's not just some baseless assumptions. He lied down and continued to think, unconsciously staring at his ceiling.

I never thought of it, but it makes sense.

She's 16, and she likes a guy.

He ruffled his hair to stop him from further thinking of those depressing thoughts.

His only fault is that he never considered that he could be the person Sophie holds dear.

He went to take a quick shower and was about to sleep when his Imparter blinked.

"Hey," Biana said. "Don't talk loudly, and by the way, Sophie's taking a quick shower so she's not here."

"What do you want?"

"Wow. That's so cold, brother. Haven't you even considered that I might get Sophie's crush and number one tonight?" Biana said, raising her eyebrows back and forth.

"You will?" Fitz said happily until his smile turn to a frown. "I doubt that."

"Wow, you weren't as dumb as I thought. Anyways, I won't bug Sophie about it, because she kinda told me a secret a while ago- oh! I think it's different from the thing she's hiding from you so don't worry. I just hailed you to do something."

"And what is this something?" He asked.

"Can you ask Keefe how he knew about Sophie's matchmaking scroll? Apparently, it was Grady who requested for it and his story was kinda suspicious so, yeah. Please?"

Oh, so it's true that Grady requested the scroll. He was relieved to know Sophie told him the truth earlier.

"I'll try," he answered. "No promises, we both know Keefe and this'll never be easy."

Before Biana could reply again, she turned off her Imparter in a rush. That only meant she wasn't alone in her room anymore.

He spent hours thinking how to approach Keefe without being suspicious. It's hard to appraoch an Empath who can easily give away why he's asking in the first place.

He thought of asking him while in study hall, like a casual "Speaking of, how'd you know bla bla" or he could- no.

There's no other options.

He slept thinking how to do it tomorrow, and how to deal with his unrequited love as well.