1

Topanga waited patiently outside of Mr. Feeny's, the principle's, office as the two boys came up to her. She grinned at them, giving the curly haired boy a quick kiss.

       "What are you doing?" The other boy asked.

        "My cousin just transferred here." Topanga answered. "Just wanted to make sure she got around okay." Just on queue, Mr Feeny's door opened and out walked a short girl, with dark long hair.

      "Amia!" Topanga waved her cousin over. Amia grinned holding onto her books tight as she walked over. She was slightly alarmed at the two boys standing there. She assumed the curly head was Topanga's boyfriend as they were standing so close to each other, maybe even hand in hand. Amia had just moved to Philadelphia from a small town in Florida two nights ago to live with her Aunt Prudence. She hadn't had much time to go out with Topanga and meet her friends.

       "Amia, this is Cory and Shawn." Topanga happily said pointing to the boys before moving her hand back into Cory's hand. Amia grinned a little softly saying Hi, trying not to let her accent come off too strong. Though she is half white, she is half Puerto Rican and grew up in a dominate Hispanic neighborhood with her fully Puerto Rican mother. Her accent wasn't as strong as others, but it was most likely stronger than what this white school had heard.

        "What teachers do you have?" Topanga asked moving closer to Amia trying to make her feel more comfortable. She looked down at Amia's schedule. "Hey, we have a few classes together."

       "Mr. Feeny is a teacher too?" Amia asked looking down at her paper.

       "Yeah," Shawn laughed a little. "You'll be stuck with him as long as you're here."

       "He's been our teacher since basically forever." Topanga explained. Amia smiled a little as Topanga was still analyzing her schedule. Amia took a deep breath looking down at her locker information.

       "Hey," Cory examined. "You're locker is right next to ours." Amia grinned slightly amazed. What were the chances? The group moved over to the lockers. She asked Cory to hold her stuff as she opened her locker and put her books inside. Shawn watched her for a moment. She was the new beautiful girl, but his normal play boy self didn't quite kick in. He was wondering just what her story was.

       "She has next class with you, Cory. Can show her? If you're okay with that, Amia." Topanga asked as Amia turned around.

        "Yeah, sure." Amia answered quietly still trying to hide her accent. Topanga grinned giving her boyfriend a kiss before the two left, leaving just her and Shawn.

       "So, what's her story?" Shawn asked walking with Topanga though his class was in the other direction.

        "Oh no, Shawn." Topanga quickly said turning to him with her finger in his face. "You are not-"

     "Woah." Shawn smiled putting his hands in the air, trying to claim his innocence. "I'm not gonna try anything."

      "Promise?" Topanga asked. "Cause she's been through enough."

       "Promise." Shawn said. The bell rang causing Topanga to quickly turn ready to hurry to get class.

       "You better keep that promise, Shawn!" She shouted as she traveled up the stairs to get to her class. Shawn sighed turning to go to his class, not caring much that he would be late. He wondered what Amia could have gone through.

...

    Shawn had forgotten about Amia up until lunch where she was sitting waiting patiently for her cousin. He was going to slide right next to her, but sat across from her not trying to get yelled at by Mrs. Matthews again.