Chapter One

Chapter One

"Ms. Reed are you even paying attention?" My teacher yells at me as I jolt awake. God, I can't believe I fell asleep in Social Studies.. again. 

"Oh yeah um sorry"  I'm really not, but..what else am I supposed to say? My teacher continues to blab away about Oliver Cromwell.  I on the other hand, look at the clock on the wall. I swear, that thing might as well be Kim Ks butt the way everyone stares at it all day. 

        Finally the bell rings and my class and I escape from the dungeon called Social Studies. I hate how we have to sit there and learn how people messed up in the past. I'm a live in the now kinda girl. Well, when I say it like that it makes me seem like some inspriational go getter. When in reality I spend most of my time on Tumblr eating Nutella. 

        "Adeline!!!! Wait up!!!" I turn around see Savannah running after me. Savannah is my best friend we met in grade 3 when she moved here from England. Yep she's british... and blonde..... and skinny... and athletic... and eats healthy. Yeah she's pretty much perfect and i'm pretty jealous, but I love her. " How was Socials?" she asks me.

" Boring as ever, how was gym?" I ask

"I had square dancing ugh, but I got to dance with that hot brunnette guy I can't ever remeber his name"  Savannah says

" Jonah?" 

" No his friend..um... Caleb?" 

" Are you sure that's his name?" I ask. She shrugs and we laugh it off. We start to walk to our next class. We have science next together thank godness. We walk into class and I remeber we have a lab today! Hopefully we get to choose our partners. Once the final bell rings my teacher begins to talk about the lab. All we have to do is mix some chemicals and observe. Easy. 

" These chemicals are extremely poisonus, and I trust you not to play around" My teachers says for like the fifth time. " Okay so I made partners. Since lot's of you seem to be struggling with this unit. I mathched  you with soemone who seemed to be grasping the concept to help you out." Great Savannah and I won't be together we're straight A students. " Okay partners partners, Claire with Ruby, Josh and Maya, Savannah with Niomi, Adeline with Luke-" 

        I grab my stuff and walk over to Lukes desk. Luke and I really don't have many classes together so I don't really know him. Hopefully this isn't a disaster. I say hey and he gives me a friendly nodd. Awkward. " I'll go get the supplies" I say scurring off , grabing the test tubes and what not. I look back and he's just on his phone. I walk back to the desk and set everything down. 

 "Shit" I turn around and see Luke swearing at his phone.

" What's wrong?" I ask

" Just got an email from my french teacher , i'm failing " He says scratching his forehead 

" That sucks". I pour the chemicals into the test tube and start to write down the fact that it's turning purple. 

" Are you any good at french? I have to write an email back in french and I don't know shit" He asks handing me his phone.

" Um yeah sure, what should I say?"

" Sorry that i'm falling its not my fault your the worlds worst teacher" 

" i'll just tell her you'll work harder"  I say typing in the email. I hit send and I look up and see he is slopply stiring the chemicals. He grabs the phone out of my hands .

" You should probably wash your hands before touching your phone" I blurt out at the sight of his hands turning red. He looks at his hands and rushes over to the sink. 

" What the hell?, I was just stirring it " he asks rubbing the soap in between his fingers. 

" Well you were kinda splashing it.. everywhere" I say. Luke just rolls his eyes.

        Savannah looks over at me and laughs I just stand there and mouth " Help Me". Our science teacher walks over and lectures Luke as I walk back to the desk and clean up. Finally the bell rings and I run up to the front of the class to hand in my lab. Luke is staying after school to help clean up as punishment. I smile at him as a friendly goodbye but, he doesn't see me. That was defeinetly an interesting class.