Chapter 5

"Have a nice day, Signora" one of her colleague greeted her as she walked outside the building, she turned around and flashed a small smile of acknowledgement. "You too". She picked up her phone to grab herself a taxi, she was incredibly tired that day, and thought she wanted to go home, but then she remembered she had to visit Alessio. She had not visited him since the last time she heard about it. What sort of fiancee was she if she neglected her visit?

Once she arrived at the hospital, she was a bit worried that the visit time was over, but then she remembered they had made an exception for him, the staff should remember her face just fine. One of the staff assisted her to his room, she opened the door and stepped in with a heavy heart.

For the first time, Valeria had a time to visit Alessio on her own, without anyone else to accompany them, as his mother had just left. The room was dimly lit, though he was placed in his own private room, she still felt uneasy being in the room, perhaps it was because the timing was awful, or perhaps it was because she had to look at her fiancee in such a state. Dressed in an all-black, she appeared as if she was mourning for someone's death, of course, it was purely coincidental, even she herself had not noticed it. She removed her hair tie and let her wavy hair loose. She pulled a chair and took a seat beside him. Alessio had many sorts of devices plastered on his body.

Valeria was filled with sorrow as she trailed her fingers right above his body. She was so close to touching him, but she couldn't, though how she wished she could right then. Alessio might not be the most attentive or romantic lover. There were some moments in their relationship where he was acting quite distant, especially recently, she did not understand why, but whatever it was, she did not want him to experience such misfortune, especially when it was only a matter of months before their marriage.

"Caro Mio, what have become of you?" she whispered as she lowered her face down to his, so close she could almost feel the warmth of his skin against her own.

"Alessio, wake up, I need you to wake up soon. I, we, everyone has missed you. I know you can hear me. We are about to be married soon, but you need to wake up, okay?" a sorrowful smile escaped her lips as she gently touched her hair. She pulled her face and wiped away the tears which had started to gather around her eyes.

As she cried, her mind started to wonder toward the possibilities of the future, negative thoughts started to corrupt her, she started to expect the worst, what if her lover would never wake up again, what if he did not recover, what if he remained in that state forever? How was she going to live?

Right then, she was taken aback when she heard a noise from behind, the door slowly creaked open, she swiftly turned her body around to see who it was, and thank heaven it was none other than Valentino.

"Valentino, what are you doing here?" she wondered as she stood up from her seat, then pushing her body back down. She found it a bit strange that he was there on the same time as she was, the timing was incredibly coincidental. From her angle, she could see a cast of shadow on half of his face. Guilt started to enter her mind as she thought of what had happened the other day when they went on a date together. She turned her attention back to Alessio as her lips trembled. Her tears still flew down on her cheek and she wished for nothing more than to be unseen.

Dio Mio, Forgive Me

Valeria did not know that Valentino had been keeping a close eye on her ever since their little date. He had spent many sleepless nights thinking about her, and though he knew it was the wrong thing to do, since he was opening up old wounds and love, he could not help but do so. He knew it was unhealthy to love and lust over your brother's fiancee, but in his mind, he still deeply wanted Valeria. He tried and tried to push her away, he knew his feelings for her was forbidden, oh, he knew, but what could a man do?