【𝐍𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐁】

FLOWERS NEVER FAIL, that's why James bought a large bouquet of Roses.

Sirius looks at his friend in confusion, "Why do you have flowers? Those for me?" He asks, James rolling his eyes. "They're not for you, they're for a special lady," James tells him making Sirius nod. "Lily just walked out, on her way to breakfast I think, let's go."

He is in for a shock.

Lily and her friends stood beside Elara and Alice as they paint on a mile-long piece of paper. "Should I put some purple in the sky? I want it to be the perfect sunset," Elara asks her friend. "Put red," Frank butts in before hugging Alice from behind, scaring both girls.

"I'll add red," Elara mutters as she dips her brush in red, carefully adding it to the sky. The girls and Frank hear a throat clear itself.

"Painting without magic is exhausting," Alice mutters, Elara agrees with a sigh. "But nonetheless the end result is beautiful," she says making her friends groan. "You make us sick with your lovely words Lara," Frank told her. The 3 of them look at each other for a long second before laughing.

"Just joking, you know we love you, my favorite Slytherin," Alice coos before hugging her friend and kissing her on the cheek. "Hey hey hey," Frank pulls them away from each other.

"I want love too," both girls look at each other with a smirk before splashing paint on his face. "Merlin! That's cold," he grimaced as he wipes it off.

All of a sudden James Potter takes a stand on the table.

"Can I have your attention?" James Potter asks the people in the hall.

Everyone stops what they're doing and they look at him. "Is he a lunatic? As a friend he's embarrassing and I bet his speech isn't remotely related to me," Frank hisses as he stands between both of his girls.

"I have something to say about a special person," he says and Elara slightly smiles, Lily is lucky to have someone like James to care about her.

"She's smart and beautiful, she's also the kindest and most selfless person I have ever met. I've annoyed her multiple times but she makes me smile. She makes my heart skip a beat and most of the time just looking at her makes me breathless." James continues his speech and from the corner of Elara's eye, she sees Lily smile at him, blushing at his words.

James jumps off the table and he slowly walks toward the group. He stops in front of Elara with only the bouquet keeping them apart.

"Elara Iris Black, will you go on a date with me?" James asks her and she blushes before taking the flowers. "Yes," she says and he hugs her, the hall cheered for the pair, and Lily Evans was left speechless.

"And...correction, you've never annoyed me," she tells him and he presses his forehead against hers. "I really like you, Elara Black," he whispers and she blushes.

"I really like you too."

Alice and Frank look at each other, totally loving the pair. "I never knew her middle name was Iris," Frank thought out loud. James, Elara, and Alice look at him. "Idiot, you. ruined the moment!" Alice slaps him behind the head.

"Bloody hell woman! That hurt!"

"That's the whole point!"

...

"My cousin...my cousin! James...my cousin," Sirius repeats and James nods with a dorky smile on his face. "Yeah, I been liking her for a while now," James said and Sirius looks at him in disbelief. "A while? But I've only seen you guys talking during Hogsmeade and the infirmary."

James scratches the back of his neck. "Well...we have been talking whenever you're not around. Remus and Peter knew but I told them not to tell you," James confesses making Sirius gasp in shock. "You're joking, mate...you were cheating on me this entire time and I just found out?"

The pair broke into laughter before walking into class. "I'm happy for you, mate, honest, my cousin is perfect for you believe it or not," Sirius tells him with a small smile. "The two of you would be perfect."

"Thanks. Didn't you hate her for like...ever though?"

Sirius' face grew red out of shame and embarrassment. "That's in the past."

"We were such prejudice bitches," James tells him as he shakes his head. "But we can still hate Snape right?"

James scoffs, "Of course we can, that greasy girl will always be a joke."

The pair walk into Divination and James was instantly attacked by Marlene, Lily's best friend. "How bloody dare you?" She yells in his face as he holds his- broken- nose. "What's the matter with you?" Sirius yells in his best friend's defense. Marlene growls like an animal, making Sirius take a step back from the lunatic.

"How dare he ask that ugly cousin of yours on a date!" Marlene yells before more students pour into the classroom, including the other half of the Marauders. "Why are you holding your nose?" Remus asks James as he and Peter walk towards the 3. "Marlene punched me."

"Sucks to be you," Peter whispers, making James roll his eyes. "Don't call my cousin ugly, no one and I mean no one in my family is ugly!" Sirius exclaims before he pulls out a mirror to check himself out. "Why are you so worked up about? Evans hates me doesn't she?" James asks her before looking at his hand, checking to see if there was any blood.

Peter grimaces as he eyes James's nose. "That does not look very pretty mate."

Marlene crosses her arms, "What if I said she doesn't, will you leave that slithery Elara? I thought you loved Lily, I mean, you were obsessed with her," Marlene said while glaring at him. "Maybe I was, who cares now, I like Elara and she likes me. If Evans has a problem with me, I'd like her to face me rather than sending someone," James almost sneers out but he kept a calm demeanor. 

"Well said mate," Sirius compliments, Marlene glares at the four of them. "The two of you won't last, Lily is my best friend and I will stop at nothing till she is happy, got it?" James looks at her blankly before leaning an inch towards her face. "Fuck off," he whispers in her face before walking towards the infirmary.

"Be lucky we won't press charges," Remus jokes and Sirius gives him a confused look. "It's a muggle thing." 

Elara and Alice walk into the classroom with a sulking Frank trailing behind them. "Is no one going to talk about James' crooked nose?" He asks but his friends continued chatting. He groans, "I really need to hang with boys more often," he whispers towards Remus and Peter, who were sitting next to each other.

"And I really need to hang with girls, I'm tired of being single," Remus confesses quietly so others won't hear but Peter let out some giggles. "As if that'll help."

so...i turned 17 a few days ago :)