【𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒】

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" James asks Remus with wide and scared eyes. "James," his own eyes tear up. "Frank and Alice were found dead in their house. They were tortured to death." James looks at a sleeping Neville and Harry, both of them together in the pen. "No," he whispers with clenched fists. "They can't be dead," he spits out the word.

"Who died?" Elara asks while coming out of the kitchen. James and Remus don't say anything. She walks towards the pen, making sure the babies are alright. "Who is it?" She walks towards the two with crossed arms.

"Is it...Peter?"

James takes her hands, "El, please," he struggles to breathe and say the words. He looks at Remus who takes a few steps back. As her husband, he has to be the one to tell her, not Remus or anyone else.

"Elara, it was Alice and Frank who were attacked. They're dead." Elara chuckled and shook her head. The sad look in his eyes doesn't change. Her smile falls and her heart drops to her stomach. "No...she was just here." She takes her hands away from her husband before backing away slowly. "That can't be true," her breathing was wavering and her back hits the wall. "It's not true." Remus just nods and a tear streams down his face. James reaches for his wife but she runs towards her bedroom.

He follows her quickly, "Lara— what are you doing?" She grabs her wand from underneath her pillow and apparates to her friend's house.

Or what was left of it.

It was raining and the front door was open. Elara slowly enters the house and sees it completely trashed.

The roof was caved inwards, the furniture was thrown upside down, and pictures and dishes were shattered on the floor. Her eyes became wet, they burned and her heartbeat fastened. Elara clutches her shirt and she lets out a sob. "No..."

She almost falls to her knees as she clutches herself and her wand. "Alice...Frank...you can't be..."

"Elara Black, you are?" A young Elara extended her hand to a girl who lost her friends. Tearfully, a young Alice shook Elara's hand. "My name is Alice." The young boy beside Elara— whom he befriended first blushed at the girl.

"I'm Frank Longbottom, Elara's friend. You're really c-cute!" He said while pointing at himself. Alice sniffs before softly rubbing away a tear from her eye. "You have a weird name..."

Elara contains her laughter as she sees Frank's jaw drop. "Rude! How can you say that to someone you just met?" He exclaimed with a slight pout. Alice chuckles a bit and he forgets all about it. "Cute..." he mutters.

"Do you want to be our friend? We won't leave you like Lily did."

"Yeah! Forget that Evil Evans!"

Alice smiles at them, "Okay, I have a feeling we're going to be great friends!"

Elara begins to sob loudly, "Please come out and say you're joking...this is all a prank isn't it?" She rubs circles on her chest to try a calm her down. A small movement from the rubble was heard and she gasped. "Alice?"

Peter in his animal form escapes from the rubble and he reveals his human form. He looked dirty and rough. Elara took a step towards him but she felt too weak to take another. "Peter? Where have you been? We've been looking everywhere..."