four

The blaring alarm echoing around the apartment building, just gradually bouncing off the walls and getting louder. Each round of the sound entering my ears, it felt like screaming, I felt like screaming. It wouldn't be this loud if it wasn't so damn empty. Why did I need to stay here? I needed to get up, just go to work. I wouldn't be in this apartment all day once again. Avoiding everything all at once.

Pulling myself out of bed with an invisible force and no energy to put a smile on my face. It was the same thing over and over again, wake up, get ready for work, go to work, come home, sleep. The cycle repeats until someone comes knocking my door down. I didn't understand why these people were drawn to me. It wasn't like I knew them for very long, I had only met Dinah six months ago and Shawn when I started the job almost nine months ago.

I would never understand why they wanted to stick around; even I thought I was a drag. I just didn't care. I didn't care enough for them to think if I was just a ball of negativity. I just didn't care about anything. I wanted to be left alone and let me sit for once and just think. Let me breathe. Let me speak to myself. Let me fucking be.

But I was disrupted from my thoughts once again when I heard my door being knocked at. The abrupt sound had suddenly made my anger and irritations start to rise. Again, all I wanted was to just be left alone.

"Goddamnit." I grumbled and marched my way to the door.

When I swung the door open I saw a charming smile and nicely combed through hair. Fuck.

"Hey, you ready?" He questioned and I was honestly super confused with what was happening.

"What are you talking about?" I snipped out rather quickly and he awkwardly looked around.

"Uh I got a text from you saying you wanted me to walk us to work?" He scratched the back of his neck and I just stood there even more confused.

Then it hit me.

"Fucking Dinah- I'm gonna kill her." I turned around on my feet to walk away leaving him at my open door.

A free invitation for him to come in if he wanted too.

"Sorry?" He questioned my sudden outburst while I heard the front door closed.

I shut my bedroom door and just picked up anything that was appropriate for work.

"Dinah, my friend- damnit- she uh she knows somewhat about you and probably texted you." I rushed around my room trying to quickly get ready.

"So... you talk about me?" He questioned once again and I could practically see the smirk on his face through the closed door.

Of course, that's all he gets from that.

"I guess." I gave him no interest and opened up the door after buttoning my pants.

I was met with him about five feet from my bedroom and he looked at me quickly.

"You look great-"

I cut him off short as I marched past him and rushed to the bathroom, "Thanks."

Always accept the compliment, it's not that hard, geez.

"Stop." I huffed to myself as I quickly grabbed some of my eyeliner.

"Uhm...hey, Mila?" I could hear the awkwardness in Shawn's voice as he neared the bathroom.

"Yeah?"

"So, about those drinks..." He trailed off and I looked at him through my mirror.

"You still up for it?" He asked me as he smoothly leaned against my bathroom door frame with his shoulder.