Prolouge - The Lonely Loser

I sit in the bathroom stall, my legs criss crossed on the closed toilet seat. I'd rather be stuck in here with the disgusting toilet stench than out there with all the names and vulgar insults.

I wish things were back to normal. Middle school was the life. No one cared what they looked like, who they were friends with, or who dated who. It was laid back and everyone could be themselves. Back then, no one judged you.

Then it all changed...

When I started Freshman year, the last thing I thought would happen was all our fun ending. I thought we'd live in the glory of sunshine and rainbows. But people started to care. They cared what they look like, and they cared who they were friends with, and they cared about who dated who.

It sucked.

It sucked, because I didn't care. It's kind of ironic, because my names Cara (Care-uh). Now I wish I did care. Or at least pretended to.

When I stopped caring, I started being left out. They gossiped, and I didn't care, so now they gossip about me. They made friend groups and I didn't care, so now I pretty much have no friends. 

No friends except for one. 

My neighbor. 

Thing is, he doesn't even go here. So I'm pretty much alone at school. 

Now all I'm doing is peacefully eating my lunch.

I graduate Freshman year in a couple of days, and I decided next year to be homeschooled instead of reapplying to our beloved highschool, Camelot High, home of the Knights.

Thing is, my mother won't let me be homeschooled unless it's with my Aunt.

She's a teacher, and my mom insists I go to her for help or continue at Camelot. 

I accepted that offer straight away. 

Thing is, she lives three states away. 

But at least then, school won't be so bad...