13 - I Can Fight My Own Battles

"Sammy!" I call out after him.

I hate Mandy. I really do. But I don't want Sammy to hurt her. He'd never hit a girl... that is of course... unless she hit me first.

Besides, as much as I love his support, I want to fight my own battles.

I hear shouting in the distance. I trace the sound into a closed door. I sigh with relief. That means there's probably no crowd. I don't want everyone to think he's a bad person. I better stop him before it's too late.

I swing open the door and see them. Sammy's back is to me and he's yelling at Mandy, who looks like she's about to cry but is trying to keep a calm face.

"-AND IF YOU EVER FUCKING TOUCH HER AGAIN, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO RETURN THE FUCK GESTURE YOU LITTLE SHIT! YOU CONSIDER THIS A WARNING AND CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY I CONSIDER YOU A GIRL, BECAUSE IF YOU WERE A DUDE I WOULD HAVE BEAT YOUR SHIT DOWN ALREADY! NO! YOU'RE NOT EVEN A GIRL! YOU'RE AN ANIMAL YOU DISGUSTING-"

"SAMMY!" I interrupt him. He turns around and his face is completely red. His fists are clenched and his breathing is unstable. "Stop." I plead.

"But she hurt you." he reasons, as if that made everything he's doing okay.

"Sammy. Thank you for protecting me, but I can fight my own battles."

He takes a step back and scoffs. "I was just trying to help. But fine." He glares at Mandy and speed walks out the door.

"Sammy! That's not what I meant!" I call out after him. 

I look at Mandy and she composes herself and glares at me. I shake my head and go chase after Samuel.

After searching the entire house, I gave up. It's impossible. 

I slowly walk around, trying to think of something to do. Maybe I'll go get a drink?

I make my way towards the kitchen. The loud music pounds in my ear and it's impossible not to bump into someone at least every three steps. I stop walking to the kitchen and head for the entrance instead. 

I don't need a drink. Just a breath of fresh air.

When I step outside, I immediately feel my head lighten. I close my eyes and breathe.

Parked across the street, I see Sammy's car. The lights are on.

I smile a little. Why didn't I just check here? Has he been waiting for my this whole time?

I jog up to the car, eager and ready for him to drive me home. 

But what I see wipes the smile off my face.

Sammy's shirtless in the drivers seat. And he's not alone.

They aren't exactly keeping it PG either. 

I slowly back away from the scene. Tears sting in my eyes and I don't know why. 

I look away and down at the ground. 

I run.