Izuku x gn!shy!reader

Summery: your taking him on a date
Tw: implied sexual writing
Chapter theme: sweater weather by the neighbourhood

" Were going on a date". You always spoke your mind and wants to your best friend, even if it meant he'd be more than a friend and if it flustered the living hell out of him. You were fresh out of class and in the hallways of ua. The day was drawing to a close and the sunset painted the glass hallways in a rainbow of oranges, reds, pinks and yellows. You could see your mutural friends; tenya iida, ochaco uraraka and tsuyu asui, watching through the back doorway to 1-as classroom.

You had just started attending ua. You got in on recommendations so it wasn't too hard, simpley because you werent tested in the practical exam. You had a simple quirk, it make living things fall asleep just by touching them but it was powerful none the less. You had gotten close to this little friend group ochaco affectionately called the dekusquad and they happily welcomed you, naturally vibing with todoroki due to your general demeanour of social cue blindness but no one blamed you, your past wasnt great. You did however have a bad habit of over analyzing things and it'd distract you.

Izuku, however always seemed to catch your eye. You weren't sure why. Was it his amazing quirk? His friendliness? Kindness? What drew you to him? What made you start to have feelings for him? What would happen if you were to win his heart before ochaco could? What if he didnt like you back? What if he-

"Y-y/n?"

The green haired angel taunting your thoughts meek voice cut through your anxiety fit like butter. You snapped back to outer voice, ignoring the inner one and made eye contact with him. We was bathed in the light of the sunset but was plenty red on his own. Was he sweating? Was he that nervous?

" i uh... I guess w-we c-c-can go on-n a d-date..." He rubbed his neck and looked away. You wondered if he shared your feelings or was being naieve again and thought that your intentions were to become closer friends. You got alittle annoyed at the thought but he'd been dence before. "Meet me in the kaiteki cafe at 3pm." You retorted " dont be late, k?" You didnt try to sound so serious or mean but you couldnt help it. He gulped and nodded. You returned the nod and walked past him, heading to the dorms, making passing eye contact with your friends before rushing past, hiding your face, bumping into your other friend kaminari and informing him and his boyfriend, sero, about your new arrangements. They quickly buzzed for details, congradulations and wishes of good luck.

" wow izuku. Quite the player, kero" tsu walk hopped up to the blushing broccoli in the middle of the hallway, the two other 'spies' followed. " its not like that! Its just a... D-date." He flustered. " sure pal" tenya chuckled and layed a hand on his shoulder. " good luck deku" ochaco smiled sadly.

The weekend couldnt come soon enough for both of your sakes.

Finally it was saturday and time for the date. You wore your winter clothes, a simple pair of jeans, dress shirt and sweater vest with a nice big warm black trench coat. The air was cold and you could see your breath as you walked through hosu city. Small snowflakes gently coverd the trees and streets silently, the streets mildly busy with lots of people. Parents w/kids, teenage couples, the lonely person wondering about, you wondered which of the two types of adults you'd become. You hoped the former. You checked your phone periodically, every 5 streets or so, Just to see if izuku would update you if he was on his way. After about 30 minutes of walking, you had finally made it to the cafe. You stepped in, you knew the place, and ordered a warm caramel mocha to sip while you waited on your date. You took a seat near a window and grabbed a book. Who knew that such a gem lay tucked in this city, a cafe library combo.

You got lost in the organized crime novel you'd mindlessly grabbed, even when it got raunchy and you blushed, feeling many eyes on you that didnt exist. When you got to a break point, you checked you phone, it felt like youd been reading for hours... And you had! It was 3:45 pm and you had been lost for near presicely an hour. For once, you were flustered in your negligence of time and space, But you were more upset that izuku had seemingly stood you up. You checked your phone and no messages or calls from the contact deku and you looked about abit. Aha! He ( thought) was in line for a drink, looking nervous and cold. How long had he been stading in the wrong line you wondered. He was in line for library returns and search. You couldnt blame him, you had mistooken that line for the cafe line the first time you had came here but you sighed none the less and layed your novel on the glass coffee table infront of you, approaching him.

He was shivering and rubbing his hands together, which told you he was at least 35 minutes late and you were mad. Before your novel, you were concerned something may have happend to him, he was a persued man after all. How dare he make you worry so feverishly?! " izuku midoriya!" that was the first time you had ever said his full name, especially in a non-formal and mad context. He looked at you bewildered " h-hey. " he didnt apologize or sound too worried, he was mostly just confused why you were so mad at him. " dont just hey me, I've been waiting on you for 45 minutes now!". Izuku looked puzzled then it clicked" ive been in this line for that long?!? This cafe sucks then, ive barely moved in line since i got in it.". You looked puzzled now, had he not seen you? " I've been here seince 3pm, right on time" he nervously chuckled " but i saw you all wrapped up in your book and decided id leave you be and get a drink before coming up. Im all cold cause the vent is above me" He let off a small smile. You then felt abit bad, not only had he been on time but also was considering your concentration, something that was near possible to regrasp once lost. You sighed " this is the return line dear, the cafe line is next to you. Some people merge the lines stupidly. Let me guide you" you took his arm and guided him to the correct line.

You barely noticed his blush under the chill at the passive yet affectionate nickname you let slip when guiding him. He layed his gloved hand on yours and you felt your cheeks get warm. You felt like a couple and he was rathur content. You decided to stay with him in line, arm in arm. You even hugged him to help him warm up, which he flustered badly at. He was so cute and you loved how fast his heart beat aginest your ear. You felt people around you both not appriciating your affections but you didnt care. He was in your arms and he was in yours and thats all that mattered then.

Once hed finally managed to calm down from your sudden yet welcome onslaught of affection, he ordered a cinnamon hot chocolate and followed you back to your seats. You took a seat and eased his big jacket off him. He was in a simple navy blue sweater and light brown pants w/boots. He smiled and sat down on the couch next to you, asking with a smile " what were you reading that got you all stary eyed and blushing?". You blushed and hid abit in your long bangs of h/c hair. He had called you out on your love of cringely cliche romance novels mercilessly. You explained the non-embaressing parts that exicted you and though you started off your usual emotionless and quiet, you dissolved abit into your true self, excited and happy, spilling it all over and his smile seemed to grow too. You hadnt realized your actions till he took a sip of his drink and you looked at the time, it had been 30 minutes. It didnt feel like it to you but you quickly flustered, shut up and hid more.

He looked abit sad and dissappointed " whats wrong? You didnt finish the story.". " its nothing! Im sorry." You said quickly " i uh... Didnt get to finish it anyway so i dont know the end of the story". You mentally begged yourself to shut up, poor guy, having to sit for 30 minutes while his date blabbered on and on. He didnt care and just tried to reassure you that you didnt do anything wrong and loved to listen to you speak. He layed his hand on your shoulder and you blushed, making eye contact. " its ok, y/n. Really. I like how passionate you are about these books. It shows alot of initiative!" He smiled that same stupid smile that made you start to like him and gave you a thumbs up. What a nerd but hopefully your nerd soon enough.

Total words: 1592
Sry its so short lol, next up is either bakugo or ochaco. Vote in the comments if you want to have some influence.