Entangled In Ivy- Chaper 4

"Becks, will you please sit down. Stop packing your bags and just talk to me," Brady demanded as he stood between his weeping wife and her suitcase.

"Don't call me that, Brady. I hate when you call me that," Rebecca said wiping at the tears that sent streaks of mascara down her cheeks, "I am going after Jamie. I love her, and you can't stop us from being together."

"You won't find her. She doesn't want to be with you, Rebecca. I offered her a little money and she took it and ran. I knew that she would because she's just like the others. If you give people like that a few shillings, they lose their fight," Brady spit those words at her with deep disgust.

"I hate you, Brady!" Rebecca screamed her words at him as she emptied the contents of her suitcase all over the room.

"You will learn to love me someday, Becks. I am your husband after all. We made a vow and though it clearly means nothing to you, I don't plan to leave you until we have both achieved what we need to," Brady said calmly as Rebecca railed against him.

"I will never love you, Brady. I married you so that I could collect my inheritance, and you married me because money can't buy you the social status you need. I may be trapped in this marriage for now, but one day I will leave you, and I won't look back," Rebecca pulled herself together and left Brady standing alone in the aftermath of her mess.

***

Brady looked at the photo albums from his first year with Rebecca with a morbid grin. They looked so beautifully matched, and he laughed to himself thinking of how much his wife hated him back then.

For the first three years they were together, he had to stop her from leaving him at least a dozen times. Rebecca was determined to fall in love with anyone but the man she married, until she was diagnosed with cancer. Brady cared for her more from obligation at first, but over the course of treatment, they found themselves falling in love.

Years past the obligation to be married, the two of them remained together and they were happy together. Brady had his occasional dalliances when Rebecca had stepped out on him, but he gave it all up. That is, until he met Ivy.