iii. stupid

[author's note: sorry for the somewhat long chapter, it's just starting to get interesting! also thank you so much for reading i hope you're enjoying my story so far !!(^∇^)]

     Your alarm went off and woke you up. It was early. Gentle yellow rays of sunrise were pouring in the small bedroom you were in. You sat up and yawned and thought about the day ahead of you.
     Today, like you'll be doing for the rest of the week, you'll be serving Byakuya. You'd be lying if you said you weren't just the slightest bit excited for it.
     Slowly you got out of bed, and went off to get ready for the day. You changed your clothes, did your hair, brushed your teeth, etc.
     After your quick morning routine, you left the small room you were in. It was a part of Byakuya's suite, and it seemed that it was made specifically for servants like you to sleep in, based on the unremarkable size.
     You walked through the suite. It was quiet except for the sound of the chefs making breakfast in the kitchen. You made your way to Byakuya's room and quietly opened the door.
     You stepped into the ornate bedroom and it instantly smacked you in the face as a reminder of how you carelessly napped in there yesterday. You cringed at the thought of how humiliating that was. "I'm so stupid," you whispered to yourself.
     Byakuya was of course asleep, looking incredibly peaceful in his incredibly comfortable bed. His white rimmed glasses lay on his bedside table.
     You almost didn't want to wake him up. When he's all calm and relaxed like this when he's asleep, it makes you wish he'd just stay like this so you didn't have to deal with his conceited personality. You brushed this thought off and decided to get over yourself and just wake him up.
     You woke your masters up in the morning in almost the same way everytime. You'd walk over and slowly open the curtains, letting bright morning light envelop the room. Then, you'd walk over to them, tap their shoulder a few times and say. "Good morning, it's time to wake up,"
You did just this to Byakuya, and sure enough, he awoke. You looked over at him and smiled a little to try to encourage him to get out of bed. He narrowed his tired eyes at you and sighed deeply.
"Your clothes are on the dresser and your breakfast and your company will be waiting for you in the kitchen," you explained, still trying to keep up the cheerful attitude.
     "Thanks. Now get out," Byakuya demanded with a heavily annoyed tone in his voice. Concealing your frustration for his rudeness, you nodded and left.
Next you went to the kitchen, got some food, thanked the chefs, and went off to your room to eat it. According to rich people, it was "rude" for servants to eat with who they were working for.
After you ate your food, you returned to the kitchen, where there was a heap of dishes left behind for you to clean. You rolled up your sleeves and sighed lightly. It's times like these that mad you dislike the life of being a servant.
Finally, your work for now was finished. The dishes were clean, the laundry was done, the floors were swept and mopped, the counters were wiped, and all the beds were made. Now, you weren't really sure what to do. By now, you were pretty sure Byakuya would probably be gone, doing his rich people stuff with his dad.
You didn't really feel like laying around and doing nothing, and you weren't sure if it was a good idea to just go off and have fun on the island, since you didn't know when Byakuya would return. So, you decided to just wander around upstairs. You had a feather duster, even though there's pretty much no way anything would've collected dust yet after you cleaned everything yesterday.
After wandering through the guest bedrooms, the movie theater, and the second living room, you decided to head in the huge library. With all those huge shelves, there's bound to be something that needs to be dusted.
You walked in and you were immediately startled. You jumped. For some reason, Byakuya was there. He sat on a very large, comfortable-looking, and ornate chair. He held an open book in his hand. As soon as you stepped in the room, he looked up at you with a look of sheer annoyance on his face.
"W-What are you doing here?" You asked, still a bit shaken by his presence.
"Why would you ask an idiotic question like that? This is my suite, after all," He huffed.
"Well of course I know that, but why are you here now? Don't you have stuff to do at this convention with your dad?" You asked, walking out from the doorway and getting closer to him.
Byakuya grimaced at your words. "Well, yes, that's what I was supposed to be doing, but I guess there was a change of plans. My father and I discovered that most of the things happening are exclusive to the company heads only, so I'm not allowed to attend," he explained with a hint of disappointment and frustration in his voice.
      "I see.. So you're kinda just stuck here, huh?" You asked.
     "I suppose so," he answered conclusively, his blue eyes flicking away from you and back down onto the pages of his book.
     You looked at him for a moment and couldn't help but chuckle a little. His eyes darted back up to you, and a look of confusion covered his face. "What are you laughing at?" he asked irritatedly.
     "I... don't know, I just think that it's kinda funny that you have just been freed from your responsibilities for a whole week to do whatever you want on this amazing tropical island, and yet you're complaining about the fact and sitting in here, reading," you explained.
     He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Im not as frivolously-minded as you. Having a week to myself is utterly useless and a waste of my time. I doubt someone of your caliber would understand, but I value other things much more than having fun and enjoying myself."
     You sighed at his words. Rich people are so hopeless that they don't even know how to have fun, it seems. You sighed. "Well how about this: how about I show you how people of "my caliber" have fun, huh? I mean, since you're stuck here you don't really have anything else to do. Also, I've been on this island for quite a while, and I think anyone, including excessively snobby people like you, would enjoy it."
    This earned a little laugh out of Byakuya. He slipped a bookmark in his book and then closed it. His cold blue eyes met your e/c eyes. "Hahahaha, no," He answered bluntly and definitively.
      You frowned. "Awh, come on, you know you'd enjoy itt. Even if you don't, what's it gonna hurt?"
     "God, you're insufferably annoying. Can't you just go by yourself? Why do you want me to go with you so badly?" He asked.
     "Uh," You felt your face heat up a little. You honestly didn't really know the answer to his question. 'Why do I want him to go with me so badly?' You asked yourself. You grew more flustered until you came up with a good answer. "I'm j-just trying to do you a favor, y'know," You tried to explain.
     Byakuya snickered again, then paused for a moment, as if he was thinking about what he was going to say next. He sighed deeply, almost as if he regretted his words before he even said them.
He rolled his eyes and then looked at you. "Oh my god, fine," he unhappily agreed. "That is, only if this means you'll stop pestering me from now on."
     You tried not to, but you smiled a big, excited smile. "O-Okay, great!" you exclaimed. Instantly you went all the way up to him, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him up out his chair. After you did so, he brushed off his sleeve disgustedly with his hand like you got something on it.
     "Don't touch me. Let's just go get this over with," he said haughtily and the two of you started to head out of the room.

At this point, you had spent about an hour or two with Togami. The two of you had spent the time walking around the island. You pretty much had been dragging him around, having very one-sided conversation.
Admittedly, you were getting annoyed. This isn't how it had gone out in your head. You thought once you got him out here he'd come around and actually be a really cool guy and you'd both have a lot of fun. But no. He's just as much of a prick as always. You wished he'd at least try to enjoy himself.
Finally, the two of you ended up at the beach. "Do we really have to go here? This place is crawling with commoners and I fear their stupidity will rub off on me," Togami snobbishly complained.
"Awh, come on, don't be such a brat," you said with a small laugh. His cockiness was ridiculous. The two of you walked on the shore together. If you two were a couple, this would actually be kind of a romantic moment. Unfortunately this guy is probably the last person you'd want to be in a relationship with.
Just when you thought this awful boringness couldn't get any worse, a lightbulb flicked on in your head. "Hey, Togami, I have an idea, let's play 21 questions!" You suggested cheerfully, looking up at him.
He narrowed his eyes at you and frowned at you. "21 questions? What kind of stupid commoner's game is that?" he asked.
You decided to ignore the whole "commoner" thing. "Wow, I cant believe you haven't heard of 21 questions!" you said. "It's really simple. Okay so basically, I'd ask you 21 questions that you have to answer truthfully. The point is kinda for two people to get to know each other better."
     "Absolutely not," he declared flatly. "That sounds like an utter waste of time and effort."
You jutted our your bottom lip lightly in dismay. "Oh come on, what's it gonna hurt?"
He scoffed in annoyance. "Nothing in particular, it's just that I have absolutely no desire to play a game where I have to reveal anything about myself to you. It's pointless. This is probably going to be one of the only times I'm going to have to interact with you anyways, so."
Ouch. Relentlessly blunt, as always. "Well, if you think about it that way, then you can answer all the questions super truthfully and with no shame since I'm so incredibly insignificant to your life. Besides, what've you got better to do? Do you wanna just continue to walk through this sand in awkward silence?" You asked.
"Why do you say that like I should dislike the idea of you finally shutting up? It honestly sounds like a dream to me."
"Awh, come on. Don't be a dick, it'll be fun," you urged.
He sighed and rubbed his temple. "It seems that incessantly pestering me is a common theme with you. You're horrendously persistent, I'll give you that."
"Uhm, thanks?" you said. You weren't really sure if he was complimenting you or not.
"Fine. I'll play your awful plebeian game so you'll stop bothering me."
     You grinned a little. "Great! Okay, let me think of a question.." you said. You decided that for the first question you should go for something very tame to get the ball rolling. "This one's easy. What your favorite color?"
     He scoffed. "What kind of moronic question is that?"
"Just be grateful I'm not prying and asking something super deep and personal."
"Fine. I guess it'd have to be blue," He answered. "It's a symbol of intelligence and confidence, sort of like myself," he answered pridefully.
You rolled your eyes. His over-confident attitude seriously got on your nerves. "Why am I not surprised you said something stuck up like that. Okay I need to ask another question," you said, looking into ocean as you thought about what you should ask next.
"Hurry up, I'm trying to get this over with," He urged.
"Uh-" You stuttered nervously. You weren't really sure what to say. For some reason, a weird question was forming in your mind. It was kind of a weird thing to ask, so you decided you shouldn't say it. However, the pressure was getting more intense as Byakuya grew more impatient with you. You couldn't think of anything else to say, so you couldn't help it. You turned to him, looked him in his eyes, and blurted out, "Togami, H-Have you ever had a crush on anyone?"