No... Please don't let it be true...: Chapter 4

"Hello, Ivydawn," Badgerpaw said.

"Hey, Badgerpaw, how are you?" I asked.

Badgerpaw bursted into tears."Badgerpaw, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Patchtail got very injured by Nightpuddle and he might not make it," Badgerpaw said, putting his face into the grass.

I stood there, no words, no movement. Just standing. "W-,"

"My baby! Please don't kill him!" Snowfall said, as Blackthorn tried comforting her.

"Our youngest son might not make it, he's down to his last life," Blackthorn said.

I sat next to Patchtail, "Brother?" I whispered into his half bitten ears.

"Sister? Is it you?" He said, struggling to breathe.

"Yes, I'm here for you, always," I said, trying to comfort him, "You'll make it, I promise!"

Patchtail laughed. "Oh, my sister. My baby sister... You've always been so worrying but positive, why's that now?" he said, smiling.

"I care about you, plus our family can't live on without you!" I said.

I heard Blackthorn crying behind me, but I didn't want to bother him. They have every right to shed every tear. "Brother... You can't leave me..." I whispered.

"Look, promise me one thing..." Patchtail said, struggling to breathe.

"Anything for your beloved heart...I'll promise any-"  

"Promise me that whatever happens, even if you're so caught up in your head... Never... ever... forget me. And when you success in your beautiful future, always tell your kits and grandkits about me... they have to know about me and my story... as their uncle and grandpa uncle... and one last thought I'd like to share..." Patchtail said, "Don't ever give up, be gold..."

"Of course, brother, anything for you!" I whispered.

There it was. That was it... He passed away. He's dead. Now I must murder his murderer. "I am going to kill him!" yelled Badgerpaw.

Everyone turned around, to the ones who weren't around my dead brother's carcass, everyone turned around at him. "I'm sorry for your lost...," Ambernose said.

I looked at Badgerpaw as soon as he looked at me. I nodded my head. He knew what I was thinking. "Badgerpaw, gather up Sharpfur and Berrybird, we have to go," I said, standing tall.

"What's going on?" Snowfall asked.

"Mother, listen to me. Stay out of this. You definitely don't wanna get involved with this," I said.

Berrybird walked outside. "I was asleep, I heard a lot of cry-"

Berrybird stopped in his own paws. "No... brother... no!!" he yelled, very loud.

Duskflight chose the wrong time to arrive at our territory, when he saw the body, he laughed. "Wow, Lilysky killed some cat, not surprised!" he said, laughing.

"Berrybird, let's go find Nightpuddle," Badgerpaw said as he walked to Sharpfur's den.

Berrybird was ready for murder. I looked into his eyes as they turned bright red. "Sister... I will find that son of a-"

"Where are you guys going?" Snowfall asked, once again.

"Mother, I already told you! Don't worry about it!" I yelled, hissing.

Snowfall stood there, tall and ignored my screams. "Don't yell at her like that!"Blackthorn yelled back as he quickly scratched my face, really hard.

Ouch! "I am sorry but I've already told her not to get involved with this assassination. Now leave us be, please," I said, walking outside the territory.

"Assassination? You are not killing anyone! Nightpuddle's recommendation is for you to have kits with him or he just kills your entire family!" Blackthorn said, "Wait... will he try to kill me?"

"Yes, father! Now I must assassinate him before he hurts anyone else! I won't allow it, whatever it takes for me to be this way, no matter what body I'm processing to protect, he will not live after today, especially after what he's done to my older brother! It's extraordinary for me to preform such discipline to an old cat but he's gonna deserve this action I've never done," I said, growling, running outside.

Badgerpaw, Sharpfur and Berrybird followed me. "Wait!" Hazelthump said, stopping us.

"Yes?" I yelled.

"I'm coming with you. Mother, father, please stay put. We'll come back...I hope!" Hazelthump said, running closer to us.

Blackthorn did not want us to leave to murder Nightpuddle, but we had to. Our destiny relies on it. It depends on it. "He's in Desert clan. Desert clan leaders train their apprentices and warriors very strictly and well," Lilysky said.

"I am not a failure, so never mistake me as one," I said, running in the cold icy wind.

It started to snow which made me more nervous. I've never met Desert clan cats before, how bad can they be?  I wondered if I could second-guess my choices I've made but I couldn't. I put myself in a situation that I wouldn't be able to get out of. God, what was I thinking? I'm an idiot! I just kept running until I smelled cats. Not just any type of cats. They smelled like sand. So of course, I would think that they're Desert cats, and they were. "Well, well, if it isn't the sibling of a dead one?" Nightpuddle said, licking his paw and purring.

"Why did you kill my brother? Why did you affect my family the way that you did? My family is shedding tears because of some maniac like you!" I yelled, growling and hissing.

"Boys, come here, please," Nightpuddle said, continuing to lick his paw.

Three male cats jumped off of a tall tree. "Meet Fawnpuddle, Firespots, which isn't even in my clan, and Heathertail," Nightpuddle said, purring.

"Heathertail, your ex-mate?" I asked.

"Yes, my ex-mate, which is fine, since I have you," Nightpuddle said.

Badgerpaw stood tall, "You're disgusting!" he said.

Nightpuddle pounced on top of Badgerpaw. "Time to die!"

Before Nightpuddle even laid a claw on Badgerpaw, he completely dodged all of his hits. Badgerpaw, somehow managed to attack Fawnpuddle and killed him. "Did you just kill a cat?" I asked.

"Yes, now attack with me!"Badgerpaw shouted.

I attacked Firespots with Berrybird and left him very hurt. Firespots ran. Heathertail was dead, as well. "Retreat, clan, retreat!" Nightpuddle shouted.

When he told them to retreat, they ran, except for him. "I'll have you all for me! And remember, me and Firespots will return since I am the leader of Desert clan!"