Judy's Home for Girls

AN: hey guys! Im really excited about this story and I hope you guys like it! I have to change the girls' age for the story to work out. Please comment and let me know what you think of the story!
Emma's POV
It's so cold this morning. I mean it is December so I guess it makes since but it's like that unusually cold morning where you can tell something is going to happen that day. I can smell Mrs. Judy downstairs making cookies, which means one of two things, either today is another adoption day, or Mrs. Judy's husband is coming by and she wants us all on our best behavior. Im not sure which one it is but its not very noisy downstairs so maybe it's just Mrs. Judy's husband.
I start to climb down the ladder of the bunk bed I share with Sadie. Sadie is really nice to me. She's like a big sister I never got. We look a lot alike too! We both have long dark brown hair and we are both really tall! Sadie has brown eyes but I have hazel. I don't really like my hazel eyes. They're too grey. I wish I had green eyes like my other friend here, Kylie. Or maybe bright blue eyes like my friend Allison from the orphanage across town. No, I don't walk across town to see her. Our orphanages are the only two in our small town of Winterset, Tennessee so sometimes we all meet up at a park in the middle and play together.
I get off the ladder and step onto the floor and see that Sadie is asleep with music blaring in her ears. "As always." I mumble to myself. She always has music blasting in her headphones at night and when I first came to the home, it was really hard for me to sleep but now, I can't sleep without it. I don't know who it is but I know it's a girl group and sometimes just one girl but she sounds different so I know she isn't part of the group. They're all really good but I never really cared to ask Sadie who she was listening to. I didn't have a need to, I heard it every night so there was no need to worry.
I slowly open the creaky door to the hallway trying not to wake everyone up.
We all share one big room because well, this isn't the nicest town and there isn't much room in this house for a lot of orphans. We all used to have our own rooms but that was before Mrs. Judy started to take in more girls and we just didn't have enough rooms.
We all decided to share one room and turn the others into something everyone could use. One room was converted into a craft room. Another was a play room, and the last was turned into a music room. The craft room was definitely my favorite place in the whole house. I could sit in there for hours just coloring and doodling different weird things.
Anyways, I start walking down the stairs in my pajamas not worrying about changing. I walk straight into the kitchen not even noticing the young girl sitting on the couch. I see Mrs. Judy pulling cookies out of the oven and I run up and grab one before she can have a chance to say no and then I run into the living room trying to avoid Mrs. Judy when I see the girl. I stop running and walk up to her, stuffing the cookie in my mouth.
"Hi! My name's Emma and Im 7. What's your name?" I ask the young girl excitedly. "Well hi Emma! It's nice to meet you! My name's Lauren and I'm 22." Wow! She has really pretty green eyes!! "Your eyes are really pretty!! I always wanted green eyes but I was stuck with stupid hazel." I stated kind of bummed out that I couldn't have pretty eyes like hers. "Well I think your hazel eyes are very beautiful Emma." She said seriously. I start to blush. Im still not sure what she's doing here but if she's here to adopt someone, I really hope it's me. I like her so far and I think she likes me.
"So what are you doing here.. Uhm.. What's your name again??" I ask. She laughs, "My name is Lauren sweatpea. But you can call me Laur or LoLo if you want to. And to answer your question, Im here because Im looking to adopt someone."
My eyes immediately light up as soon as she says the word adopt. "Really?? You're going to adopt someone?" I question excitedly. "Yes I am!" She says sensing my excitement. "Why don't you come sit next to me and tell me about yourself Emma." She says. "Well okay!" I say plopping myself down right next to her and turning to face her.
"Well, Im here so obviously I don't have any parents but I didn't know then that well. I came to the home when I was about 4." I said. "3!" Mrs. Judy said from the kitchen obviously listening in on our conversation. Lauren starts to giggle.
"Anyways..!" I said loud enough for Mrs. Judy to hear. "I like to color and make houses out of popsicle sticks. I can play a little bit of the piano but not that much because Megan, the girl who was teaching me how to play, got adopted so I just play what I know and then make up stuff!" I say with a smile. "I also really like Olaf!" I say giggling uncontrollably and with a big smile while pointing at my pajamas which were of course, Olaf pajamas. Lauren starts to laugh at my laugh and I laugh at her laugh and before you know it, we are both laying down holding our tummies with tears in our eyes at how hard we are laughing.
After Lauren caught her breath and wiped her tears, she said, "Well Emma, I really like you! How would you feel about me adopting you?" I sat there in shock. I was going to be adopted by this woman. This woman would be my mom. I got a huge grin on my face and nodded excitedly up and down to show her that yes, I wanted to be adopted by her but I couldn't speak. I was still in so much shock.
"Yay!! How about you go upstairs and get all of your things and say goodbye to all your friends and I'll go talk to Mrs. Judy and get your paperwork,, okay?" "Okay!" I said happily.
I ran up the stairs into the bedroom and started to silently get all my things and pack them into bags. Once I was finished I shouted into the room full of girls saying, "WAKE UP WAKE UP!! IM BEING ADOPTED!! WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!" Everyone sat up and started smiling at me.
One by one, they started to get out of bed and give me hugs and tell me they would miss me.
Sadie and Kylie came up to me last and they each gave me a huge bear hug. "Im gunna miss you so much kid." Sadie said with tears in her eyes. "I'll miss you too sis. Don't forget about me. You'll always be my big sister." She gave me one last hug and then let Kylie say goodbye to me. "Im gunna miss you more than you'll know Em. Be good and don't make the nice person want to return you." She said laughing, earning a friendly punch from me. That's Kylie for you. Always being funny to cover up how she really feels. "I love you Ky. Be nice and pull lots of pranks for me!"
I start to smile and look at all the girls in the room. They were my friends and some were almost like family but now, I'll get to start a family with Lauren.
I turn around and see Lauren at the door way with tears in her eyes at the sight of me with my friends. I smile at her. She wipes her tears and helps me with my bags. "You ready mija?" She asks me. I wasn't sure if I was ready to leave the only place I've ever remembered but I was excited to start this journey with Lauren. "Yeah Im ready." I say with a nod.