7/ Photographs & Movies

"Okay, my turn now." I cut off his reasoning for his question -which was quite stupid really-, and took a pause to contemplate my next question. "Would you rather listen to Taylor Swift or Ellie Goulding on repeat for a day?"

He didn't even miss a beat.

"Taylor Swift for sure. I mean don't get me wrong, Ellie is a queen. But Taylor is the music industry," he placed a hand on his heart, dramatically; "she makes me feel things."

"Dude, she makes all of us feel things."

He snorted at my reply.

I nodded at him to let him know that it was his turn now and he took his time to ask.

"Would you rather date Harry Styles or Liam Payne?" I shot him an incredulous look.

"You're a directioner and a Swiftie? Damn, how are girls not lining up to date you?" I tutted and he shot me a blank look.

"Answer the question, Grace."

I huffed. "I don't want to. I mean, I am a directioner. It's just not fair to the boys if I have to choose one from them. Its not the ideal trait of a directioner, you know?" I furrowed my brows and tried my best to explain it to him.

Chris looked at me intently. "You know what I just understood from your little speech? It was blah blah, blah blah, blah blah and blah. So Grace, who would you date?"

I narrowed my eyes on him. I couldn't believe he was making me do this. When after a minute, it was clear he wouldn't be budging, I huffed.

"Harry." I mumbled and Chris opened his mouth with a smirk on his face, no doubt to mock me for not choosing Liam and betraying my boys. But I hastily added, "I love Liam a lot too."

Chris laughed. "Sure."

His eyes held a clear message that he didn't believe me one bit.

Here we were, still at the grassland.

It must have been about six in the evening and the sky was dark, stars glimmering above us. After Chris had told me his story, we had just sat together for an hour, give or take.

After that, I had this huge urge to make Chris smile or at least get him back to his snappy self again so I started whining about playing 'would you rather.'

We must have been playing for about twenty minutes, though most of that time was spent arguing whether the questions we asked each other were justified or not.

Most of the time, they weren't.

But on a brighter note, I had managed to get the old Chris back, the one who was irritated by me constantly and the one who loved to tease me at any point.

"Hey." Chris snapped me out of my reverie and nodded his head towards the unending horizon.

I glanced as the moon emerged, his light streaming through the blue canvas, supporting the glittering stars in brightening the world as it swam in the dark. In London you could hardly ever witness such a view, but God; here it was mesmerizing.

"Give me your phone Chris." I demanded in a soft tone, not looking at him.

I could practically sense his confused gaze on my face.
"Why?" He asked in a wary tone and I glared at him.

"I would have never asked for your phone if I had mine. But since I am not that blessed at this point, stop with the inquiry and give me the damned phone." I hissed and Chris scowled at my tone.

"Oh come on!" I snapped when he continued to give me his nasty looks.

He made a face at me and pulled out his iphone out of his pocket before handing it to me.