''You have to let me tell him he didn't took advantage of me, por favor.'' I begged her and he head snapped towards me and she stopped pacing.

''I didn't expect something like this from you.'' she said and I sighed.

''Mom, listen to me.'' I started but she cut me off.

''No! You listen to me!'' she screamed and stood in front of me, staring inside my eyes. ''You're going to do exactly what I'll tell you, without questions asked. Or else you can say goodbye to your studies in America and the rich life your living.'' she spat at me and I stared at her with wide eyes. I was so dazed with all that was happening and at the time I couldn't undestand anything.

My head was spinning and my heart was racing all too quickly. The tears kept falling and my whole body was shaking. ''I don't understand!'' I exclaimed as I kept crying. I watched my mom start to pace again and I could see that she looked nervous and pissed off but I could swear it wasn't just for this. She was hiding something from me. ''Tell me!'' I yelled but she didn't even look at me.

''I SAID FUCKING TELL ME!'' I screamed at the top of my lungs and she looked at me.

''He's not your brother!'' she yelled and my heart stopped. ''Felipe is not your father!'' she yelled again and I felt like the ground dissapeared from under my feet and I was falling. 

''W-what are you saying?'' I asked but it came out as a whisper. I watcher her let out a breath and bringing her hand in her hair as she paced around.

''I had an affair. When I got pregnant I ended it thinking you were Felipe's kid. But then the doctors told me you weren't. ''she explained and I turned around before pushing my hair back with my hands as my eyes remained widened. I took a few steps while my back faced her and then it hit me. I froze in my spot and realised what just happend. 

If my dad isn't my real dad then that means Valerio and I aren't related at all. That moment felt like I could finally breath and like finally was right. I was right about him not feeling like a brother, I was right about something wrong happening.  I immediately turned around and looked at her.

''He's not my brother.'' I breathed out, not being able to believe it. Then I let out a breath and a small smile made it's way on my lips. ''He's not my brother!'' I said again and my mom came to me and grabbed my arm once more. The smile immediately vanished from my face as I stared inside her eyes.

''Listen to me.'' she said firmly. ''You're going to say to your father that you were in your wrong mind and that you didn't want to do any of that. Say that he took advantage of you one time while you were drunk.'' she continued and I shook my head not wanting to hear anymore. I snatched my arm away from her and walked away.

''What?!No!'' I exclaimed and she came close to me again.

''Your father can't know about any of that, do you understand? Tell him exactly what I want and if you even dare to mention anything about what I told you, you can forget your studies and your future.'' she said and I stared at her, not being able to believe what she was saying. ''I can promise you, that I will make your life a living hell.'' she said again and I walked away from her again.

''Don't you know what he will do to Valerio if I tell him that?!'' I screamed at her and tried to find a way to get away from this mess. ''There's no way I'm going to lie for you!'' I screamed again. She then did something I thought she would never do. She slapped me hard across the face and I let out a scream as my whole body almost fell on the ground. I immediately touched my cheekbone with my hand as I looked up at her. The tears were clouding my vision but I could clear enough.

''Fucking bitch. I hate you.'' I breathed out as I tried to stood up straight. She let out a chuckle and then looked at me.

''Come on, cariño. Don't act like you didn't know that in this world everyone is for himself. There's no such thing as fair in this world. There's no such thing as true love. If you want to survive you have to be tough.'' she said and I just couldn't believe those words came from my mother. At the end we proved to be worse than what Samuel or Nano thought about us. We proved to be animals fighting for the crown and the good fame.

''Give me a day.'' I begged her. I couldn't say all those things before explaining to Valerio.

''Valerio can't know. He'll fight for you, the stupid kid he is.'' she said and I started crying again. She walked close to me and caressed my, red from the hit, cheek. ''Do what I tell you and everything will be alright. Valerio will go back to his slut of a mother and all this will be forgoten in a few months.'' she said with a sweet voice. That won't trick me anymore though.  I looked at her and let out a pained chuckle.

''Mother knows best, huh?'' I asked sarcastically and she gave me a smirk.

''You have only tonight to say your goodbyes. If you say more than you're supposed to, trust me I will know, cariño.'' she said and walked out of my room. When she was out I grabbed the nearest thing I found, which was a book, and threw it on the door making a loud noise. I sat heavily on my bed as I tried to control my breathing. The tears weren't there anymore and I imagined I didn't have any more left.

I could now see clearly how unfair life was. And to be honest, if I wanted to survive I had to change and be able to fight.